Klipsch KSW 150 Subwoofers

Sub Woofer

Submitted by Eugene Wilson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got the ksw-150 from a friend who eas going to Germany. I hooked my sub to my Yamaha DSP-AZ1 without looking at the instructions, bad choice. I looked at the instructions and saw that if you connect the LFE output from your reciver to the LFE input on the ksw-150 and, connect your left and right main pre-output to the line in on the sub , this sub will produce a tremendous amout of bass, and you won't have to turn the gain all the way up. It sounds really well with my Klipsch SF-2.

Purchased At:   friend

Submitted by Trent Hendershot a

Date Reviewed: August 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
Its the best sub I have ever owned.

Submitted by BJ a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought this sub, and hooked it up but returned it after a few days. It did sound accurate and clear but did not produce the kind of response I was hoping it would. I also tried the AR s12ho and the advent av550s(15" with bobcarver/sunfire 500 watt amp) and was suprised that of the 3 the ksw150 provided the least output in my 20x10 room of the 3. It is rather small but expected more. Had to turn the gain way up (7-8, outta 10) just to even begin to feel it. The ar performed better I thought and was much less, and the advent I ended up purchasing because it shook the plates in my kitchen cabinets, and made explosions on dvd so powerful the dog turned white.I would say for a small HT it would be fine but for the real experience it just did not do the job.

Submitted by Craig a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Caught this on sale for $250 and decided to give it a try. My first sub woofer so take this accordingly. It completes the bass sound that was lacking from my 10 year old Klipsch Tangents very nicely. For music you have to tweak the adjustment and it works fine but for HT it delivers everything I was looking for.

Submitted by Bill a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I love this sub. For a 10" moderately powered subwoofer, it's hard to beat this speaker. Full HT system includes RX-V595, Pioneer DVL-909 DVD/LD/CD player,Klipsch KSW150 sub, KSC-C1 Center, pair of KG-2's for mains, a vintage pair of ESS Tempests for the surrounds and a Mitsubishi 35" TV. For those who care, got it at netmarket.com.

So far, have watched both dvd and ld movies in Dolby Surround and Dolby Digital.
Am very pleased with the responsiveness of this sub.