KLH SW-910
Description: Front-Firing, Ported Design 10” Dynamic Fiber Woofer - Built-In 100 Watt RMS Amplifier - Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 50-200 Hz - Crossover Frequency: 50 Hz - 200 Hz (Adjustable) - Inputs: Speaker Level and Line Level - Controls: Power, Volume, Auto Shut-Off, Crossover Frequency, Phase

Submitted by sweebs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
Purchased from Best Buy - disliked brand, but price was right, so I thought. After about 3 years, the amp crapped-out. Took sub to Best Buy for repair, after about 30+ days, unit was 'ready for pick up' Upon arrival at the store, they said "the parts are no longer made, can't fix it" WHAT? So capacitors, resistors, etc are no longer made? And, if they no longer make the parts (of the amp), how is it possible there was an entire shelf of new KLH subs over in the home theatre area? Oh yeah, I also had a 2nd KLH sub (ASW10-120B) - it was one year newer, and right on time, about a year after the first one, this one stopped working as well.

Submitted by tviles a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
Just bought today at BB cost 45.00 no box, grille or manuel. I don't know where to place the fire extingisher after reading the reviews. I may consider unpluging it when not in use. Any have a grille for it? For what I paided for it, it is a very good buy and a much needed improvement over my old passive sub. Yes I have heard it distort and have heard the clicking noise but I think it sounds good, not great but good.

Submitted by nihil67 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Got a screaming deal on this one as it was a display model at my local Best Buy. It pairs well with my KLH 9152's and really help the 9152's sound better if you use the cross-over and speaker level inputs. I've never heard a sub distort until I heard this one do it. I was very surprised... it's own amp... Turning the volume down helped that but I have a poor room for bass and my sound suffered because of it. You get what you pay for.

I've got it in a neat setup now. I purchased a Sony surround system in a box (yeah, I know... but it was cheap.) and now have two subs. This one and the Sony. I run the Sony out of the receiver's LFE port and do speaker level into the KLH. The result is that I can run the KLH at a lower volume and use it's nice range to take a load off my 9152's while not having to drive the crap out of the sub. The whole combination gives me a good, full sound. Again, this is because of the openness of the room I'm in and this would probably be too much bass for anyone else.

The only reason I give this a 3 is because of the distortion.

Submitted by Hobie a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Junk! no Crap! no its a fire starter.
The first one I bought lasted 3 days and quit, took it back to Best Buy and got another. Well it worked? Real booming but It worked. I never cranked it up. Just played movies threw it about twice a week.
Well guess what I must have over worked it and it almost cought fire. Smoke came out of it and stunk up the house. KLH will not even answer my E mail on how much it will cost to fix it, {like I even want to} Well its off to the store to buy a real Sub like Audio Source for a few dollors more then I paid for the KLH.

Submitted by todd0218 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well a good sub for a while can put you into the dolby digital 5.1 sorround movies.