Infinity Systems BU-150 Subwoofers

4.17/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $549.00

15" Powered Subwoofer

Submitted by Carl R a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
It sounds okay for movies, but for music it's far to mushy. I do miss it a lot! I had it for about 3 months, and it blew up. I sent it back to Uncle's and waited about 5 months. They said that they were sending a new one from Infinity, but it arrived back to me the same one. No serial number, but had the same mark on it from before and the same box/broken styro packing. It worked for another couple of months, and I took it to an electronic repair shop as Uncle's would not pay for shipping because I moved to Alaska. It has been in repair for several months. It keeps blowing up on the repair man. The whole circuit card has been replaced. Ick.

Purchased At:   Uncle's Stereo

Submitted by Dave White a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Performed OK. Was good for movies. Failed at 6 months due to blown capacitors and was repaired under warranty. Had trouble at one Infinity recommended shop in obtaining warranty service because I did not have a "normal" bill of sale. I only had the confirmation I received by email from the web business where purchased. Infinity recommended another shop but took 2 months to repair. Failed again at 14 months. This time it needed a complete circuit board. After 6 weeks I called Infinity and was advised that board was no longer available. They really stepped up and promised to send a new sub in its place. 3 months later it has finally shown up and I am quite pleased. It is an IL120s with a 5 year electrical/mechanical, parts/labor warranty. It only has a 12 inch woofer but it sounds incredible compared to the BU150. Way to go Infinity!

Purchased At:   an etailer

Submitted by Michael Thompson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this Monster for almost 1 year and have had no problems what so ever with it.
This sub delivers pounding base when needed or rumbling base
like in the new DTS version of T2..
I wish I had bought 2 instead of 1 at the price I got it at it was a steal.
The Monster cable is a must for a sub with so much demand for input.

Purchased At:   Mercata

Submitted by Eric a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I replaced my 10 JBL with this monster and I must say, I FEEL the difference. I love being able to make my wife know that I am watching a movie when she is on the other side of the house. I ran this with regular cables for the first couple of days and then a friend suggested using a Monster THX subwoofer connect. Great improvement, sound seemed so much clearer and stronger, well worth the $40. The only problem I had was a rumbling when my sub wasn't even receiving a signal, I could unplug the cable and it would rumble. If I pushed on the back it would stop. My fix for awhile was to switch the sub 180 out of phase and then it stopped, I would then only switch it back when I was using it and this worked for awhile, but I finally took it in and had it fixed, now it works flawlessly. I must say I love this subwoofer and the rest of my Infinity system would be lonely without it.
Infinity Delta 60's
Infinity Delta Center
Infinity QPS-1 Surrounds
Powered by Pioneer Elite VSX-26tx

Purchased At:   Mercata

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I like this sub to no end. It makes my whole room active. What a great way to watch movies. It delivers so much bass that when Maverick buzz's the tower(Top Gun) the whole house shakes let alone the room. It has made moviea alot more fun. As for music the sub is working with 4 R@2 speakers and a CC1 and it compliments them perfectly. I have the crossover set to 50hz (the RS2 lower limit) and they sound great. I use the stereo inputs and not the speaker wire inputs. One out put from the receiver to a split into the r/l inputs on the sub. From where the rating is on here i believe they should be much higher. in the 4.6-4.75 range. Plug one in and let the bombs explode.

Purchased At:   friend