Infinity Systems BU-2

Submitted by BYRON ROBERTS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2013

Bottom Line:
THIS IS ONE GREAT LITTLE SUB,I DID HAVE A KLIPSCH SUB AND IT OUT PREFORMS IT WITH EASE.THE KLIPSCH WAS A LITTLE BOOMY FOR MY TASTE.

Submitted by Jack N a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was never one for liking subs. But at the incessant nagging of a friend who insisted that a sub would do wonders for my bass, I decided to buy one. Knowing nothing about subs other than most of them sounded boomy, I had to trust the salesman (I must have had too much to drink that night) to tell me which one would sound the best with the equipment that I had, and wouldn't cost me a fortune. I ended up taking this model home. I regreted it ever since. No matter how much I adjusted the controls, it sounded horrendously boomy and distorted easily. The only way I could stand to listen to it was to turn it down to the point where I had to be standing right next to it in order to hear it. I fiddled with it for months figuring that it had to sound better than that. I finally gave up and sold it to a guy at work for $50. That was enough for me to decide not to buy anything made by Infinity again, and I haven't bought another subwoofer since.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
this was the first powered sub i bought and was quite unhappy with it. my friend had a jbl psw1000 and it was louder than mine not to mension cheaper. it would probably be fine for movies (only) but this thing is a turd. i blew 2 of them before if figured out they suck. then i got a jbl psw1200 which hit much harder and never got distorted, great sub for the money. if you like your music loud don't buy this thing. finally i moved up to a veledyne sub, if you have the money go with this one, i've never heard bass like this in a home sterio. bottom line the BU-2 is a peace of crap

Submitted by Tim Fasel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a great subwoofer. And well worth it for the $200 i paid. It doesnt go as low as some other subs advertise, but it remains sharp and clear until the end. stylish looking, and down-firing sub is definitely the way to go.

Submitted by Jose a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had forgotten that I had bought the Infinity BU-2. Actually I forgot to post my reveiew on this site. for what I paid for the sub the price is superb round 222 dollars from netmarket. I have heard the Velodynes, Boston Acoustics, B & W's Definitive Technologies, and a few others and the Infinity is up to the challenge of subs costing 2 to 3x's as much. Course it doesn't compare to the 15 inch velodyne that costs more than my old car. I had been working at a high end Auidio Video Retailer for the past six months and trust me when I say that I have heard it all. from the 10 k B&W's to the Entry level Boston Acoustics.. Its a shame that where I work they don't carry Infinity, its too bad when a company is more interested in Profit Margains than quality. That is why I am not saying where I worked.
The rest of my setup are for the front INfinity 2000.6's for the front and the Rears are the 2000.5's and the Reciever will be the Str Da555es I sold my other sony ( str da 915 which I loved to a good friend)

Allin all I give it 4 stars.. it could use a beefier AMP.. which the new one has addressed ohh well. Im fine.
ater