Earthquake Super Nova MKIV 580-Watt Subwoofer Subwoofers

4.6/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $1499.00

Submitted by itssaravana a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
HI, I live in Chennai, India. why is earth point not provided in the earthquake subwoofer, I had been given a 3 point cable?. I have temporarily connected a earth point to the body of the amp. can i do this?

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by mrhookup a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
We are Custom Audio/ Video Designers, Installers. We sell & install the entire Earthquake line of products. Please contact us regarding Earthquake Speakers, Subwoofers, Amps, etc. www.mrhookup.tv mrhookup@verizon.net. 410-961-8689

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by stazi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for a complete subwoofer for almost 2 years. My 1st sub was a JBL. It was an OK sub, but nothing to brag about. So I upgraded to an infiniy IL120. Then I added a second IL120. They sounded pretty good, speacially for $300 a piece. After a while they just didn't do it for me anymore. So I went back on a my long search again.
I tried a martin Logan sub, Velodyne HGS 15, Velodyne SPL 12 and even the over Hyped up VELODYNE DD15 (They were all good subs by the way but all overpriced).
On August 20th of 2004, I finally found the truth and now I am a believer.
After reading the reviews on this great site, I decided to give the Earthquake a try (I 've been hesitant at 1st, because they are mostly known for their car audio products).
So I bought 2 Earthquake supernovas MKV 15. What a huge diffrence these BASS monsters have made to my home theater. Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing !!! These are so good I had to send the 2nd one back. One is more than my walls can handle.
I have a pretty big room (28' x 22') and this baby fills the entire room with beautifull thundering bass.
It brought out sounds I've never never heard before. even in non action movies.
If you have the money to spend, buy one of these and I will promiss you, your home theater system will be complete.
Even if you don't have the money, GET A 2ND JOB and save up for it instead of wasting your money on other cheaper or even more expansive subs for that fact. And while you are at, make sure you save a little extra money to hire "appartment movers" or "2 man and a van" or even "8 brothers helping others" to help you carry this beast to it resting spot in your home theater. Trust me, you will need all the help you can get. This thing will brake your back ( a 90 lb heavey weight champion) .

These babies retail for as much as $3000 at some stores, but you can pick one up on line for a fraction of the price.
I honestly cannot understand how people could need a better or more expansive sub other that the supernova 15".

So if you hate your neighbors, investing in supernova MKV15 in one legal way to settle your differences with them.

Purchased At:   EBAY

Submitted by starfish a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
i have not ever seen such bad customer service. the sub arrived in non-working condition. getting things resolved is taking far too long with too much struggle.

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by tipteman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
This unit is the absolute best addition to my Home Theater. WOW.. what a boom.. Rocks the entire house with pristine accuracy. Incredible speed for music. Sonic impact is the best I have ever felt.

System:
B&W CDM SE 7's, B&K Ref 30 pre/pro, ATI 1505 Amp, Denon DVD 3800, Mitsubishi Diamond 65".

Purchased At:   JSK Electronics, Lak