Definitive Technology SC6000 SuperCube powered Subwoofers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

SuperCube powered subwoofer 9

Submitted by Charlie Jarman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
The year is 2013 but I didn't have that choice. I have read some poor reviews on the SC6000 sub but feel those reviewers expected too much from a small sub in a big room or just didn't know what they were talking about. I purchased the sub to add some low end to my Acoustic Zen Adiago floor standing speakers which have flat bass in my room to around 30 hZ.

I did not place the sub in a corner as many do with large, cheap, one-note bass, subs for movies. One must experiment with position and all the settings just like speakers to get the best results. Rather, the sub is at the same distance from the back wall as the speakers to eliminate time-delay problems.

I couldn't be happier with the results, although I am still going to experiment with location and settings. Currently I have the LF cutoff at 40, phase at 0, and volume at 28. Music with well recorded bass, such as Christian McBride on stand-up bass, sounds great. I tried a few DVD movies with powerful bass, such as Godzilla (!), and the results were also great.

I would highly recommend the sub to anyone with a small to medium room with high quality gear and recordings.

Submitted by Dan L. a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have had many subwoofers in the past and I currently have have 8 subwoofers. The most I ever paid for a subwoofer was $750.00 for a Like new M&K MX-200. I still have this Subwoofer this it is nearly flat between 20 Hz to 80 Hz and reaches well below 20 hertz. It is excellent for both Music and Home Theater. That being said this I do know subwoofers and have built a dozen or so in the past 20 years. I purchased 2 of the Definitive Technology Super Cube 6000 after reading about them and reading what few reviews that are available on the internet and the review of the SC4000 in Home Theater Magazine. http://www.hometheater.com/content/definitive-technology-supercube-4000-subwoofer .
I purchased 2 of these SC6000's on Ebay from bajawaverunner, refurbished for $750.00 each with free shipping. They both look and work perfect. Read the review from Home Theater Magazine and you will get get a very good idea of the SC6000. I am going to make this simple. If you want a subwoofer that is excellent with music and movies that easily blends beautifull with loudspeakers from 100 Hz down and is very solid, well built with a foot print just a bit over 1 square foot and will shake your house with 1500 watts of power to each; Then look know further. The remote is a huge bonus and is not a gimmick. There is nothing like setting these up and fine tuning the SC6000 from your favorite listening position. At $1000 each I think these are a great deal for their size, sound, versatility and very good looks. At $750.00 each I got a steal If these are in your price range you can't go wrong. I am very impressed with these and wouldn't hesitate to purchase again