Definitive Technology SuperCube® Trinity Signature
Description: The new SuperCube® Trinity Signature is a very special over-the-top powered subwoofer which was originally developed for the state-of-the-art electronic organ at Trinity Church in New York (which uses a huge multiple array of Definitive bipolar towers - one for each organ pipe). <br> <br>It delivers outstanding low frequency performance which heretofor has not been available in such a compact enclosure. In fact, it was designed to replace 5'x5'x8" boxes which had previously been used in organs of this type. <br> <br>Capable of prodigious output (in excess of 128 db at 20 Hz and 116 db at 16 Hz in a normal room) the Signature is also quick and highly detailed. It may be used vertically or positioned on its back when custom installations call for it. <br> <br>Dimensions:18" W x 18" D x 31-3/4" H <br>Frequency Response: 10 Hz — 200Hz <br>Driver Complement: Two 14" long-throw SuperCube Technology subwoofers coupled to four 14" infrasonic radiators <br>Built-in Amplifier: 2000 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D Amplifier <br>Low Pass Crossover: 24 dB/octave continuously adjustable variable (40 —150 Hz) plus Unfiltered LFE direct coupled input <br>High Pass Crossover: 12dB/octave continuously variable (40 — 150hz) <br>Speaker level: 6 dB octave (80 Hz) <br>Finish: Piano gloss black <br>Weight: 175 lbs. <br>Suggested Retail: $2999 ea.

Submitted by Mike Mancari a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2012

Bottom Line:
Get ready to be blown away! When I purchased this sub I didn't want to wait until my scheduled freight delivery time. I decided to drive down to UPS and pick it up myself. I had never seen the Trinity in person so let me tell you that I was floored when I saw the sheer size of the box! It is bigger than most mini fridges! Once I got home I loaded it on a dolly and dragged it upstairs. I hooked it up and put on a familiar blu-ray. The low end that this sub puts out is something that I had never experienced before. You don't just hear the bass notes, you feel them! From my experience with car stereos I've always found the larger subs to be somewhat sloppy but this sub is far from sloppy! Not only does it hit the lowest notes, it does it with precise accuracy! After 5 years of owning it I thought there was a problem with the amp (made a popping noise when it turned on) so I emailed customer service. Chet responded 6 hours later (email was written at 2am) and simply asked me for my shipping address. No questions about my serial number, where i purchased it, copy of receipt, if I registered it, or anything along those lines. He just shipped out a new amp, no questions asked! The amp arrived 3 days later and I simply unscrewed the old one and screwed the new one in. This kind of customer is what makes people loyal customers and I will be a loyal customer for as long as Definitive exists!

The one negative, if you want to call it that, is the size of this beast! Be prepared for what you're getting yourself into. ThisJust recently I had family over for easter and I put on the Tron Blu-ray as a demo. Everyone thought the subwoofer was behind my theater seats because of the way this sub shakes the room. Mind you I have the sub in front under my center channel (turned on its back, laying horizontal). People are consistently blown away from my system which consists of the BP7002, CLR205, BPX surrounds.
is not a sub you're going to be blending into your living room (unless you use them as end tables LOL). I would say these are best for dedicated, large media rooms! If your in the market for a large sub in this price range make sure you check out the Trinity. The low end grunt, musicality, and EXCELLENT customer support make this a no brainer!