DCM SW10 Compact Powered Subwoofer Subwoofers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $199.95

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned this sub for around 2 years now and this thing thumps. I have a panasonic 5 speaker stereo with biamplification and i ditched its speakers for some floors and i got this sub, hooked it up to the low speaker outputs and this thing hits i dont know why it does but with this set up it just does.

Submitted by Whisky_996 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
So far so good, this is the second subwoofer in my system. I've only had the sub for 2 days and I haven't played with it much so I don't quite yet have the sound I'm trying to achieve, but I will pretty soon. I first hooked it up to the LFE output on the back of my receiver and turned the volume up on the sub and the sub volume on the receiver and I noticed that it wasn't as loud as my smaller 50-watt sub. I then hooked it up with the speaker level inputs(there are no speaker level outputs) to the "B" speaker terminals and switched the impedance setting on the amplifier to push a 4 ohm load since I knew it would halve the impedance. So now I'm getting just about the same amount of loudness out of both subs, with no boominess, however for some reason I think DCM should have put a more powerful amp to drive the 10 inch woofer. It's just a lil bit underpowered but maybe it's just me.(who knows)

Purchased At:   circuit city