Cerwin Vega SUB-150 Subwoofers

4.67/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

15" Subwoofer

Submitted by Ricky Barnett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought the sub as an open box item and I have absolutely no complaints. I am on my third receiver since buying the sub. Each time is an up-grade by far and the sub keeps on thumpin'

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by jonwes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub six or seven years ago as an open box buy from Best Buy. Somebody must've driven it pretty hard, because the amp wouldn't turn on within about a month of buying it. I drove the sub out to Cerwin Vega in the Thousand Oaks area of California and the guys couldn't have been any cooler. They were thrilled to see a big boy like the sub-150 coming in, so they could sneak a peek at it. They replaced the amp on the spot for me at no charge and said that it was an upgrade from the stock amp which puts out 250 watts vs. the regular 200 watt amp. I've been using the sub for the last six years without any further problems and I'm very pleased with the output. It's so big, I use it on the side of my leather sofa as an end table. Works perfectly to rest all of my remotes on.

Regarding performance, this sub hits hard. It'll move plenty of air. Mine is the downfiring version. I set the crossover at about 80hz and adjust my Harman Kardon receiver to match it so there's no holes in the frequency output. I usually leave the volume at the 12 o'clock position (straight up) which yields good results. I'd be curious to hear what settings other people have used that provide the best results? Overall, a strong sub that will compliment any home theater setup.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Pete a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just grabbed up this sub from Rex for $299; it was the last one left. As soon as I got it home and plugged in, I had to give it a test. This could be considered a big mistake...I rattled 3 trophies off my case within seconds. This thing is going to rock the parties we throw out at school. I'm not sure this would be the perfect ticket for the discriminating movie/theater enthusiast, but I know for sheer force and bass, the job is executed flawlessly [that's before even considering the "are you sure that price is right?" effect].

Purchased At:   Rex

Submitted by Eric a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
Just recently purchased this powered subwoofer and I hooked it up and this thing was amazing. I am a happy owner. At $279.00, I couldn't be happier.

Submitted by LCSeminole a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
Got this discontinued Cerwin Vega model SUB 150 for $289.
It was brand new right out of the box. This was a steal for a model that had a MSRP of $799. If you want one and cant find one its twin brother is the Cerwin Vega model HT-S15, they have the exact same dimensions and specs. This subwoofer is rated at 200 watts so be prepared for really rich and deep bass from the 15 inch driver. It has a 5 year parts and labor warranty but only a 2 year warranty on the amplifier section. Excellent product, not to mention the great price.