Cerwin Vega CLSC-15S Subwoofers

• LFE Input
  • Auto-On Sensing

Submitted by dcadence a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best subwoofer that I have ever heard. I actually bought two of these because I like the room full with sub-bass on both sides of the room. This gives the true meaning to the definition of the prefix "Sub" in subwoofer. With a 450 watt power amplifier built in, along with a bass-reflex design cabinet, the bass hits so low that you are able to call whales out in the ocean. I know that most 15 inch powered subs have a bed reputation for sounding either sloppy or too boomy. But the Cerwin Vega Classic series (clsc-15s) is something totally different. These hit all frequencies quite well, but once again, if you like low bass, really low bass, I promise you that you will not find anything better for this price with any other name. I would even go as far as to put this subwoofer up against the higher priced subs, either the Vega will match it, or destroy it. I actually own all of the dominate components of the classic series. I own the CLSC-215, which is the dual 15" floor standing as fronts. The CLSC-6C which is the center channel, and a pair of the CLSC-6 which are the surrounds. And adding the subwoofers just made my home theater dominate. Go get one, or two.

Purchased At:   consumer-direct.com