Canton AS80 Subwoofers

9" 150 watt powered subwoofer

Submitted by charne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
Any review of audio gear has to include qualifications -- I ordered a b-stock AS80 in black for my office audio system. It was installed into a system where the main speakers Canton Nestor 303s which were purchased from this site several years ago. The AS80 replaces a Radio Shack RCA sub.

The speakers and sub are powered by a Kenwood VR06050 receiver. My primary program sources are audio cds and an iPod.

The sub fit wonderfully into my system. At moderate to mid-level volumes, the sub is musical rather than just rumblly (is that a word?), fills out the sound, and is small enough to sit unnoticed out of the way. The sound is very precise without any obvious boominess or coloration.

I am a real fan of Canton speakers but could never have afforded my set-up except for the close-out pricing on both the mains and sub at this site.

I listen to all kinds of music on the system -- so far the likes of Jimmy Smith, Dinah Washington, Frank Sinatra, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Blood Sweat & Tears, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Aretha -- you get the idea.

So far, I am a happy camper.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com