Cambridge Soundworks Bass Cube 10
Description: 10" Downfiring Subwoofer

Submitted by santos a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
hi i purchase this speaker awhile ago ..to some friend the problem that i have is that i cant find the fuse that this speaker use, mine is a bass cube 8s so if you know where can i buy it let me know please ..

Submitted by Eman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2005

Bottom Line:
Upgraded from the Basscube 8 and boy what a difference. At first the 8 inch seems like it puts out more but I did not get it until I started to listen to more and more material. The Basscube 10 is much more tighter which helps to make a seamless transition with the MC300 satellites (Strongly Recommended). The bass is strong when it needs to be for example during movie playback but during music it performs very well and does not stand out at all from the smaller satellite speakers. Another plus is that I dont have to readjust the volume when switching from movies to music and if more Bass is desired the receiver easily can accomodate thru a simple bass boost. A very good performer and certainly more than enough for any mid priced AV set up.

Submitted by doodah a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got this S10 on ebay my last sub I made myself it was vented with a 8"woofer but the amp fried so I buy the S10,So I set up the sub by using the speaker hookups the speaker hook-ups are JUNK!! why can't they use binding posts,the pin connector fell apart I will fix it myself with posts.Sound- it play's bass down to 25Hz and does it well for the Money a good Subwoofer buy for $170.00

Purchased At:   E-bay

Submitted by chris B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
This speaker has a very clean sound, and tight bass. Was a steal at $120 from the factory with a 2yr warranty. Sounds best when used with line level inputs. Have had no problem with popping or humming and is a great addition to my home theater system.

Submitted by calif68 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am now throwing away my third Basscube10. If you do not want to toss $250 in the trash, buy ANYTHING else but this model. They sound GREAT for the first week or two. But they're very cheaply made in China, and just fall apart. And CSW has a lousy take-back policy. The first two subwoofers began rattling within the first month I owned them (not subtly, but more like a '59 Chevy going down a dirt road with a trunk full of sheet metal). CSW made me pay $100 to exchange the second defective unit for the third ... and whoopee, it never rattled! But, after 6 months, I tried to disconnect the speaker wires from it and, just barely pushing the plastic connections against their spring, two of the four of them broke. I picked up the broken-off piece, and it had a cross-section of 1/16 X 5/16 - no wonder it broke. They're cheap junk. I am now at this site to choose a replacement, having wasted a total of $450 at CSW!

Purchased At:   CSW