Cadence XSUB-12 Subwoofers

• Frequency Response: 25Hz - 250Hz
  • LED Power On Indicator

Submitted by bettercheddar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
Built like a tank, robust 12" driver, huge amp (350 RMS - 700 peak)- Cadence is known primarily for their car audio equipment (great value, excellent products). Well, they've decided to throw their talents into the home theatre arena (A good thing for consumers). I already own a Cadence XLNS-12 sub - I love it(Fast, tight bass). I would have bought another, but alas I could find none. Imagine my delight in finding the Xsub. This sub is a beautiful piece of audio gear - it'll rock your world at a price that will not clean out your bank account. One thing - If you are looking for a sub that plums the below 20hz region... stop reading this post - it can't do that. But at 25hz at 105db - for $239.00 are you kidding? It does do that! Music sounds great - fast, tight and accurate. Movies sound incredible also. Sure, I like Velodyne and SVS, but I just cannot justify spending the money on them. In my mind, a person is paying a premium for the name. So where does that leave me? I think the Cadence subwoofer offers tremendous value, superb build quality, and great sound for a fair price. When I purchased my XLNS-12, I got an incredible deal on this thing - after one year of use, I decided to buy the Xsub. Cadence makes a hell of a product.