Bamberg Engineering Sound Lab (BESL) CSX-10

Submitted by Timothy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Only two reviews, my old one and one other? There should be a lot more! I wish I could compare it to the ACI sub, anyone in the Cincinnati, OH area willing to let me do a comparison?

Anyway, I thought I'd post a follow up after using this sub for awhile. This sub is quality over quantity,
it goes a lot lower than I originally thought, it is just so much cleaner, with one I hear tight, well defined pitch down into about 25hz range, no noise no muddled tones.

Need more quantity? Buy two or order the dual 10" sub. For the money I'd take two of these over anything else I've heard that was even twice the price they are built that well and sound that good. For majority of rooms one is enough, for example in a 20'x 12' well damped room it is plenty.

Bottom line, if you are a music lover this is the one. How good is it? My next speakers will be from BESL.

Purchased At:   BESL

Submitted by Timothy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
Does not sound like a subwoofer, more like the bass from some of the very, and I mean very expensive full range speakers I've heard.

The quality of bass is amazing, much cleaner and better pitch definition than the Vandersteen 2W I owned. Yes, bass has pitch, and you can hear it clearly with this sub. Very well constructed. If you are looking for a smaller, musical sub this is it. One works fine if you listen at resonable levels and don't have a huge room.

Are BESL speakers this good? Time to upgrade!

Purchased At:   Mail Order From BESL

Submitted by Dan E a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought two of these subs to augment my BESL 1.2's. They integrate flawlessly with the 1.2's. The bass is very tight and measured flat to 20 Hz in my room. Though I played around with different positions for the subs, I found they simply worked best when used as stands for the monitors as BESL intended. I had several resonant modes in my listening room and it took a while to find a spot where the monitors and subs both gave their best. I've found that spot and the sound is excellent! The blend between the subs and monitors is perfect and the bass is of extremely high quality. Highly recommended!

Purchased At:   BESL