B&W ASW 3000 Subwoofers

4.67/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $1500.00

15" Woofer - 300 Watts

Submitted by Jizz Mopper a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
This sub can go low (18Hz) and very loud, but quality of deep bass is paramount for music, and the ASW3000 has plenty of potential. I must stress that using a sub like this, or any large, powerful sub, really does require very good quality mains, regardless of how it performs out of the box. I've had the ASW3000 for just over two years, and it is only just beginning to perform as a proper musical reproducer, now that I've managed to get my mains to a very high standard. It is now fast as anything, ultra deep and incredibly tight, rhythmic and forceful, and does an awesome job with films as well.

Purchased At:   Superfi

Submitted by Tiago Silva a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I audictioned this sub at a friend's house and decide to get me one of those. after 3 weeks there he was poisoning my room's decor and filling the air whith bass.Anyways, after two weeks i went to see a friend who had recently bought a hole home cinema system. when i arrived at his house he was watching matrix(a movie that a had already seen) but when i felt the door, the walls and furniture all shaking like hell's gone loose i ask him what sub could do that?And he awnsered Yamaha yst-800.U can guess the end of the story, i returned my asw3000 and got back from the store with two(that's right two)yamaha ystsw800 since my sub has two out's man it really shakes your cojones. just have both of them running 500w each and just watch matrix dts and you will be blazed.

Submitted by Craig Moscarell a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I originally wanted the ASW-2000. I had set a $1000 limit on a sub and went with the DM601S2s for a Sub/Sat(if you could call it that) system until I could afford the DM604S2s as mains and later on add the LCR6 center. When I went to the store the 2000 I had auditioned 3 months earlier was gone, and this monster was in its place. At the time I thought "nice, but painfully unattainable". So I had my thoughts set on 601s, and ASW[2000. At the time of commitment (getting ready to shell out the cash) the saleman informed me "well, I could give you a brand new 2000, OR I could give you that used 3000 we just got in for the same price". It turns out some other guy traded in the 3000 for an upgrade to the 4000! it was only 9 months old and in pristine condition. After weighing the pros and cons for about, oh..... 3 seconds!!! I bought the 3000 and have never been let down by it in the past 11 months. I would recommend it to anyone, but for some ludicrous reason, its out of production. I can't imagine what B&W has in mind to replace this, but it better be good!

Purchased At:   GNT, Lancaster PA.

Submitted by Venky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
My original intention was too buy a B&W ASW 2000 but since it is no longer in production I considered its replacement: B&W ASW 2500. The price difference between this and the 3000 is only around $100. Since I got a decent discount for the 3000 anyways I went for it. I really have to lower the volume since its quite overpowering. This is a great subwoofer for both music and HT. The bass goes down to 18Hz and is gutt wrenching!! The sub is very musical too. My system includes:

Yamaha RX-V2095
B&W 603 S2 (mains)
B&W 302 (surround)
LCR6 S2 (center)
B&W ASW 3000 (sub)

Purchased At:   Imagetronics, Maryland

Submitted by Josh a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've owned my ASW3000 for over 2 years now, and couldn't be more pleased. In that time, I have auditioned several different makes and models of subwoofers (as that is what we do), and can't find one that could satisfy me more. It responds extremely well to music, despite other reviews and excells on movie soundtracks. Placement is key, but once it is broken in, it is a true marvel.

B&w Asw 3000

Hey guys. Well my subwoofer finally blew. Driver is shot. And box wasnt in great condition. was giving to me from a friend. However i sacrificed and saved the amp on the back. Can anyone help me get me specs for it? Im looking to either use it or just sell it. Its an ASW 3000. Thanks in advance. ... Read More »