Axiom Speaker Company Epicenter EP500 Subwoofers

• Ultra High-Power Woofer Design
  • XLF Intelligent Digital Signal Processing

Submitted by MELV1N a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have gone 6 years without a sub on my HT, because really, for every day listening I didn't feel like I needed one. In addition, everyone of my friends had subs that sounded somewhat like a giant trying to break out of a closet-very boomy.

I love this sub!!!....my wife, who watches tv upstairs..not so much :). Any boomingness is usually directly related to how the volume is set. I find that each movie is mixed/decoded a little differently, and adjusting the volume is a must. This brings me to the only weakness I can find with this sub. I need another remote to throw into the the growing stack I have for all my other devices. Seriously, a remote volume control would be useful, because this sub is so powerful. This thing will shake the rafters from roof to basement.

Buying the speakers with the home trial guarantee really is the only way to see how a speaker will work in your home.

I would buy this sub again without reservation.

Purchased At:   AXIOM AUDIO

Submitted by Melv1n a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2007

Bottom Line:
The theater system is located in the basement of my home. My initial experience with the EP500 began with plugging it in and adjusting the subwoofer output level through my reciever. I noticed the light fixtures rattling above my head when I heard my wife scream from upstairs "what in the world is going on!?!". That is when I said to myself, "Yes....yes indeed!".

I have had a surround sound system for years and recently upgraded my reciever from a Yamaha prologic system to a Denon 4306. Shamefully, the EP500 is the first sub I have ever used with my theater system. In the past week, the EP500 has been run through the paces with such movies as Master and Commander (excellent), Star Wars, Saving Private Ryan, Brave Heart, and etc... It is a wonderful subwoofer. I am very happy with my investment.

The people at Axiom are very knowledgable and helpful over the telephone. This alone played a large part in the decision making process. I love the one month guaranteed trial. I forsee no reason to return this sub, but as far as I am concerned there is no better way to test the sound of a device than in ones own home.

Purchased At:   AXIOM AUDIO

Submitted by Joe Mueller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Sounds absolutely stunning, the clarity of bass for music and boom shaking of the couch when watching an action movie.
Need to turn the sub way down for regular TV and turn it up for Rock (WHO, Queen, ACDC) Works well together with Paradigm CC470 Center speaker and Axiom M60 Front Speakers.

Purchased At:   Axiom

Submitted by douga a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub after it won product of the year at Audioholics. I
figured if THOSE guys liked it, I probably would. Man, was it a good idea!
It goes deeper than any subwoofer I have ever heard, without ever sounding
boomy. My son and I cranked it as hard as we could last weekend, and we
still couldn't make it distort. This is one product you'll have to pry out
of my cold dead fingers!

Purchased At:   Axiom