AcoustTech H100
Description: <ul> <li>Woofer - Long-throw 12"</li> <li>Power - 500 watts dynamic peak output (150 watts RMS continuous)</li> <li>Max Acoustic Output - 115 dB SPL</li> <li>Frequency Response - 24 Hz -200 Hz (+/- 3 dB)</li> <li>Enclosure - vented</li> <li>Dimensions - 17" H x 15 W x 18 1/4" D</li> <li>Crossover Frequency Range - 40 Hz - 150 Hz</li> </ul>

Submitted by kevinc666 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
I allready have two Klipsch KSW 12's but came across this smokin deal on this and read the reviews so thought what the hell. It looks MUCH nicer than the klipsch KSW12 and is heavier, which is a plus on a hardwood floor. I have aprox. 18x22 room with 8'ceilings and hardwood floors. I did a side by side comparison to one of my KSW 12's, overall it smoked the KSW in sound, either music or movies, smooth not empty and boomy like the KSW, It sounds warm and adds enough to whatever or how loud you like to play your music or movies, and it will shake your house! I would even go so far to put this up against the Klipsch RW12, I have owned two in my day and they were ok but just didnt sound as good in my living room as the Acoustech h-100.
I would highly recomend the Acoustech to anyone looking for an affordable sub that sounds simply awesome, and wont break the bank, It will never outperform subs like the Sunfire or most other high performance subs, (but two or three might HA!) but then again I paid over $1000 for the Sunfire I owned refurbished.
My plan now is to sell the Klipsch and buy another Acoustech that's how much I was impressed with this sub.
Bottom line. Simply awesome sub for the money, and really cannot be beat at this price, or even the $ 300 to $400 price range new, if you find a good deal on one of these grab it, you wont regreipt it!
NOTE: I did buy this used and allready broke in and with my experiance with subs it probaby didnt sound as good new, none really do new.

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Submitted by rsalazar95 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
Great product at a great value. Enjoyed it so much that my friend was convinced to get one of his own, and I'm now ordering one for him too. Key for optimum listening enjoyment is placement so expect some fine tuning. Works for both movies and music. Mike at www.accousticsounddesign.com was great and very quick to respond. By comparing prices at shopping.com, I knew I was getting a good deal. My only complaints: bad cable on initial shipment(Mike fixed things by sending me a new one) and sticker "residue" that took much longer(and more chemicals than originally thought) to COMPLETELY remove it. This is big in size, but of good construction.

Purchased At:   www.accousticsoundde

Submitted by har_d_har a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had my home theater system for several years, but never had a subwoofer for it. After moving into a big new house, I decided it was time to take the plunge. I looked at, listened to, and checked reviews and prices for an untold number of subwoofers before deciding on the Acoustech H-100. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, mainly because every sub that I listened to just seemed to to nothing but "rumble" all the time, which after a while is just annoying more than anything. I looked at everything from low-end Sony and JBL to high end Klipsch and Defintive, all with the same result...they just seemed to "rumble" and not really add anything to the movie or musical track itself.
Then I came across the H-100. It was the right price, had the right specs, and had some reviews (alhtough very limited) that seemed like it would be a good choice without having to go into debt over it. I checked the Acousetech web site, which list about six or eight authorized vendors. The probelm was, even though they each had their own web site, they all seemed to have the same addresses and phone numbers. Hmmm...fishy. But the for the price, I decided to give it a try. I called Sound Distributors to make sure they were in stock, and the phone was immediately answered by Eric. He verified that they were in stock, that they were brand new equipment, and that they were backed by the full factory warranty. I placed the order online, and within an hour had a confirmation e-mail from the sales site. The next morning, I received another confirmation e-mail from Eric, verifying the order again, and providing the UPS tracking number and the estimated delivery date. Five business days later, the subwoofer arrived, right on time and just as promised. The box had the usual UPS dings on it, but the speaker was in perfect condition.
I hooked it up to my home theater system and WOW! I was truly impressed. The subwoofer is extremely musical. It makes CD's sound so much richer and fuller, without being overpowering and just "thumping" all the time. My system (Denon receiver and Klipsch Synergy bookshelf front and surrounds, and Klipsch Reference center speaker) has never been the best for playing music. But this subwoofer improved the sound at least 100%. Even movie soundtracks sound infinitely better with the subtle bass the subwoofer provides.
Movies now sound terrific as well. The subwoofer blends beautifully with my existing speakers, and doesn't just start "rumbling" and "grumbling" anytime there is a bass track. Like I said, the best way to describe it is "subtle". You hear and feel the greater depth of the sounds and action, without it being overwhelming or annoying...the whole system and all of the sounds blend together wonderfully. Everything from Sky Captian, to Star Wars Episode III, to movies through the cable box sound great. Don't get me wrong, this thing will rattle the windows if you want it to (mine were rattling before I adjusted the sub's volume level), but I prefer a more toned down sound from the sub.
Sure you can spend two times, five times, even ten times as much for a subwoofer, but for the money, I can't imagine finding a better deal.

Purchased At:   Sound Distributotrs

Submitted by Rodney9760 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2006

Bottom Line:
This subwoofer is very solid. It has a great sound producing low frequencies the way they should be produced. I'm very happy with my purchase and highly recommend this subwoofer to anyone who needs a balanced low frequency reproduction. Excellent product.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes