Acoustic Research S108PS Subwoofers

4.77/5 (56 Reviews) MSRP : $279.00

120-watt amplifier frequency response 30-150 Hz (±3dB) slot-loaded, tuned-port enclosure continuously variable 50-150 Hz crossover

Submitted by A Little Help a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
I just opened the fuse carrier for my '98 AR 108SP and looked at the fuse and T4AL250V is etched in the metal of the fuse. Hope that helps.

Submitted by Phil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have a AR 108PS sub, I got it from a friend, however it needs a fuse and there is not one in it right now. I did an extensive internet search and cannot find what fuse belongs in the amp. If someone could please tell me so I may get this working. Thanks!!!!!

Submitted by Barbara a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
Great sound. Very full bass with no distortion. Definitely worth the money.

Submitted by eastcoaster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
been looking around to replace my old system for a couple of years and now i finally found it.i'm fairly new to the surround sound era of today but teamed up with the right speakers this little sub packs all the extra punch i'm looking for and with a little bit more fine tuning i'm sure i'll get it working to it's full potential.it's well worth the100 bucks i paid for it at busters.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by ChipT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
I've used this sub for quite awhile now, and I finally have to say somethign about it. This sub is just flat-out AWESOME. I had a fellow enthusiast come over once when I was watching Star Wars: Episode I - during the main light saber battle - he asked, "What sub are you using?" I showed him my little 8" AR sub, and he said - "It sounds just like my Sunfire sub." Now, I would never try to compare the two, but at 10% of the cost of a Sunfire - how can you go wrong with this great little sub?

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Acoustic Research S108PS

[B]I purchased an Acoustic Research S108PS Subwoofer about three year back and the circuit on the board recently blew out. It was a great piece of equipment while it lasted. I believe it’s still under the manufacture warranty, but unfortunately they’re no longer around. I tried contacting Thompson C ... Read More »

new Acoustic Research AR S108PS for only 130 on ebay!

I'm selling a NEW AR S108PS for only $130 on ebay, it's got nearly a 4.73/5.00 right here on Audioreview but with over 40 reviews! You know it's great... 120 Watts/8" for less than $150 bid on it! [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3094660644[/url]Read More »