NHT Outdoor One
Description: Outdoor One Speaker features NHT's proprietary mica filled polypropylene enclosure, paired with moisture resistant drive units and a durable aluminum grille. The Outdoor One is easily mounted to walls with its customized mounting bracket or alternately, it may be placed on horizontal surfaces using its rubber base.

Submitted by MrKaffee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers outside in the weather since mid-2006. They are mounted on poles around my pool. They are a great sounding speaker - and I dare say rival speakers twice their price. Even indoor speakers. They play clean and loud. I play music and also have a surround sound set up for movies. My friends have commented on how clean and natural they sound. I have an outdoor subwoofer so it handles anything below 80 Hz I now need to replace a woofer. So I opened the box to replace the woofer - dry as a bone. Great design on the inside - especially to keep out the water. I also have a pair of Athena Outdoor speakers that are about that old and in opening them up - they did have water. Since these NHTs have a 5 year warranty - I'll be able to get it replaced no problem (I hope!). I would definitely buy them again.

Submitted by mrkoffee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
Overall these are very good sounding speakers! In opening the box they are a little bit larger than I anticipated, or maybe I should say they have a great phyciasl "presence".I hooked them up in my garage. At first out of the box they were first very tight with colored sound. I left them on over the weekend to break-in a bit. I am very pleased to report that these seem to be very natural sounding. Not at all what I expected from an outdoor speaker. They make no bones about the FR as the bass does roll off as per the specifications, but what they do reproduce would be hear studio grade near field listening - very detailed and articulate. No 'bass boom muddiness' like some speaker makers who bump up mid bass frequencies for the sake of specifications. Can't wait to set them up outside around the pool. I hope to report on the install and sound after that is done! I give it an excellent rating (4).

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by BCAR a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
I expected very little from the acoustic setting of a backyard, but I am blown away at the quality of sound coming from these speakers. Crisp, clear sound. Highs are tight. Could probably use a little bass, but what do you expect? Everyone who has heard these is making plans to purchase them.

Submitted by Jon Welker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I actually went against my fundamental listening process for selecting speakers on these. I was so impressed by some other NHT speakers, that when I saw the amazing deal on these through Audiogon, I immediately jumped on them. Needless to say, I have not been disappointed one bit. Excellent bass from these guys. I believe they go down to 57Hz, which is pretty good for this size of speaker. They also provide that nice, detailed, clean sound that NHT is known for. These babies can crank too if needed. Have them hooked up to my Elite 45TX, and this combination works very well together. They are based off of the NHT SuperOne. They are kind of heavy, and are very well built. No port holes either for creepy crawlies to get into.

Purchased At:   Barney Millers