Infinity Systems Outrigger

Submitted by java56789 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I listened to similar outdoor speakers bose, jbl etc. These speakers are great. They are very crisp and sound awesome. When I was young I dabbled alot in car stero and had Quart car speakers which are awesome. I would have to compare these speakers to the Quarts. Bose can not come close.

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think the speakers are great! I bought a pair for my backyard deck, and they can easily fill up the entire backyard with crystal clear sound as loud as you want it. Of course, I wasn't trying to annoy my neighbors, either. I've played everything from hard rock to smooth jazz, and it all sounds nice, which is impressive for outdoor speakers. I'd definitely recommend them.

Submitted by John Toepfer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm still letting them break in a bit before making a final decision, but they do not impress me at all at this point. Thin sound, no highs or lows. I'm comparing them to a set of Boston Acoustics Voyager 2s and don't like these nearly as much.

Purchased At:   CircuitCity

Submitted by Michael Ebert a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I thought these are excellent outdoor speakers. I have running through a Lexicon MC-1 and an Outlaw Audio 750 amp. Could use a little more base, but what do you expect for outdoor speakers. Would highly recomend.

Submitted by J Allen Miller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have Infinity RS-3 bookshelf speakers in the family room, and have been very impressed by the sound and the quality. I needed/wanted outdoor speakers for the enclosed pool/patio area. Went to Circuit City and Best Buy, and listened to several brands. Wasn't really impressed w/Bose...I liked the JBL's at BB, but went with the Infinity Outriggers at CC because I'm so happy with the RS-3's. The Outriggers are awesome! Easy installation...full, clear and rich sound, plenty of power also, (I listen to DJ/trance, dance).

Eric from Shaunee,OK gave these speakers a bum rap. I don't think the speakers are his problem....he needs to upgrade his wiring (from the lamp wire to Monster XP would REALLY help!), double check the polarity (+/+;-/-) and probably upgrade his amp/receiver (a 20 year old, 25 watt system won't cut it anymore!). Also, sometimes a volume control connection can also degrade the sound quality.

I know I had some 'fun' at Eric's expense, but these speakers are phenomenal. I have absolutely NO sound quality problems with these speakers. My only drawback was the price, $149.99ea is a tad high compared to some other brands, but after the installation, that's now a mute complaint. Yeah, I know, if I looked harder, I could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. I am EXTREMELY happy with my decision to go with the Outriggers. A definite high buy rating!

System: