Polk Audio RC60I
Description: The RC60I arrives at your doorstep as a pair of two-way in-wall speakers packed with the technology to enhance your current sound system. The paintable speaker design blends into your current decor and system easily. Get the big sound experience thanks to your RC60Is wide dispersion design teamed up with aimable tweeters for direct high frequency control. Push play and feel just how much these speakers enhance your listening experience. 6.5" 2-way In-Ceiling Speakers 6-1/2" woofer and swivel-mount 3/4" tweeter, moisture-resistant design, frequency response 60-20

Submitted by taborcole a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
For starters, I paid what I did only because I was in a hurry to install them. I would have shopped online and saved some $$ had I had more time.

I purchased these for background music in my master bedroom. However, before I purchased, I wired my "Home Theater Direct" www.htaudio.com inwall speakers (used for my rear channel on my HT)to my receiver's front speaker jacks to get an idea of how inwall's sound as a main speaker. The HT Direct speakers were pretty weak, until I lit up the subwoofer, then they cranked pretty well. I went with the Polk's because of reputation, specifications and availability. I actually wired them through a Polk PSW250 Sub (100 watt/8" driver) and they sound pretty damn good. Without the sub, they could be used in an elevator (or rear channel for a HT)for all I care.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Alan Peeples a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought these for use as rears on my HT without having heard them anywhere. During recent home construction, I had already wired for speakers so it was simply cut the hole and slide in - could not be easier. Set up as mains to see how they actually sound and they were pretty good although they don't compare with the Klipsch Heresy speakers that are in front. As rears, they sound very good after getting the tweeter set for sitting on the sofa - the aimable tweeter is what really brought these out as rears. This may not be a factor in a smaller room but they are about 24' from the front and separated by about 13' in the rear in a room that is 28' x 20' and open to other areas.

May upgrade these in the future but they will stay while I upgrade other items and go with in-wall front speakers (yes I will retire the Heresy boxes to the master bedroom). The Polks will definitely sound good in a study or extra bedroom in a whole-house system.

These are good speakers at an excellent price ($130 + shippng on eBay - New in box) and you should feel OK buying these, at that type of price, unheard. At retail, I would have to shop and listen to some others.

Won't rate a 5 as these are not truly outstanding speakers based on A/B comparison as Front speakers with the Klipsch. Definitely a 5 for value at auction prices.

Purchased At:   eBay