Phoenix Gold Atc-8 Main / Stereo Speaker
Description: Phoenix Gold's ATC-8 8.0-inch speakers go right into your ceiling to combine out-of-the-way convenience with the audio needs of your home or business. A two-way speaker that has a 1" pivoting ferrofluid cooled tweeter for those higher frequencies and a woofer for lower frequencies, the ATC-8 offers a frequency response range of 40 Hz to 20 kHz.

Submitted by mstevekelly a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
bought these in 2006 and installed them in my living room ceiling. They were very easy to install and sound pretty good. I would not recommend them if you like to blast your music. They have good midrange and high frequency clarity. Laking in bass response, however; I installed in ceiling with no enclosure above speakers. Maybe if I built enclosures to put around speakers in attic, the bass performance may improve. I have a Polk 12in. 505 powered subwoofer so bass performance from these speakers don't concern me too much. I used 4 of these speakers for fronts and rears, a yamaha ns-c225 center channel, Polk 505 12 in powered sub, and a Denon 1609 7.1 receiver. The receiver dynamic equalizing system to balance your speakers when you have mismatched speakers as I do. I have to tell you, with this receiver, my system sounds pretty amazing. Total cost= around $750.