Niles Audio Corporation CM800HD Audiophile Ceiling-Mount Speakers

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I ordered this without hearing them. I based my decision on frequency response and other specs. These speakers did not disappoint. I also purchased the CM650SI for the bathrooms. They sound great as well. I'm very please with Niles for ceiling speakers.

Submitted by Vince a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I installed 4 pairs of these in my house and am very happy with them. I'm using them, along with CM650HD's and OS-20's, with Russound 6.4 multi-source amplifiers. I found that localization is critical and it would have been nice to test a few placements prior to the installation to optimize sound quality, but that's hard to do after cutting the holes! Nevertheless, the sound great in every room (both large and small) in which they are installed. I listen to a lot of Jazz through them, though I find they can rock too. The ability to moderately adjust the tweeter angle and bass/treble db on each speaker is a really nice feature. Installation into existing plaster and drywall was a snap too (I recommend using a Rotozip with circle cutter for efficiency). I put a pair under a porch outside....time will tell how well they last. Haven't painted the micro-grills yet...Anyone tried this?

Purchased At:   Ebay