Martin Logan Voyage
MSRP  1995.00
Description: MartinLogan's new architecturally inspired high-performance Voyage™ and Passage™ in-wall loudspeakers. Built upon MartinLogan’s heritage of ultimate performance and ultimate design, these innovative audio products represent MartinLogan’s premiere offering in the rapidly expanding in-wall loudspeaker market. <li>Quick, Trouble Free Installation <li>Unbreakable, Constant Control, Die-Cast Aluminum Mounting Locks <li>High-Resolution ATF™ (Advanced Thin Film) Transducers <li>High-Excursion Aluminum Element Woofers <li>Massive Audiophile Grade Crossovers <li>Ultra Rigid, Wall Stiffening, Extruded Aluminum Chassis <li>Paintable End Caps and a Selection of Grill Color Options <li>Highly Adjustable Tweeter Alignment Sphere <li>IR Repeater Ready <li>For more informatioin see: www.martinlogan.com

Submitted by sthurmon@consolidated.net a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of Martin Logan Passage speakers. I installed them in the ceiling since the previous owner of the house had the speaker wiring done that way. I am extremely impressed with the clairity and presence of these speakers even in a ceiling installation which allows for disperssions throughout the house, they are incredible and well worth the investment. I added a Velodyne DLS 5000 (15") Subwoofer and have achieved audio utopia! I may add a couple more Passages to the ceiling , only because the pre-wiring allows it, but if I don't , it's already beyond expectations.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Gary Edington a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have been waiting for various technology upgrades to come together before upgrading my system. My previous system consisted of Tag MacLaren electronics (amp, processor, dvd player) and Triad In-Wall Gold LCR's coupled with Triad Gold On-Wall Surrounds.

The primary reason for upgrading this system was to install a 60" plasma and get more visual 'punch'. So long as I had to re-construct my wall, I also upgraded my electronics and speakers. New electronics are the Arcam FMJ series amp, processor, dvd player. Speakers now used are the Martin Logan Voyages for LCR's, and the Martin Logan Passages for Surrounds.

I was not prepared for what I heard! Triads have always had the reputation for being about the best in-wall speakers money could buy....but these Voyages surpassed the Triads by an incredible margin.

The depth of the soundstage was increased tremendously. The Voyages have dynamics and 'presence' that far exceed what the Triads were offering me. I suspect this is probably do to increased transient response afforded by the ribbon drivers.

My primary use for the system is for playback of movies. These speakers will mesmerize you, not only due to the impact of their dynamics, but also with the pristine openness and airiness of their presentation. They easily handle all the power you can throw at them, and never falter for a second.

The musical scores accompanying movies now stand out like never before. I find myself listening to the nuances of the music, just as intently as I used to listen to the gee-whiz factor of Death Star blowing up!

If, like myself, you have limited space and MUST resort to in-walls, these are the way to go and still have only a modest investment (relatively speaking). Having owned high end esoteric speakers during the 30 years of my audiophile infliction (speakers such as Plasmatronics, Martin Logan Monoliths, Accoustat 2 +2, Magnepan Tympani's, Dynaudio Confidence)...i am utterly amazed just how good these speakers sound! Although they are in-walls, you will never feel any lacking whatsoever. These are incredible speakers, and UNDERPRICED for their value in sonic excellence.

Price Paid:    $1995.00