B.I.C. America HT 8C Inwall Speakers

Pair
  • 2 WAY In Ceiling Speakers.
  • 8" Poly Graphite Woofer-Massive magnet structure contributes to the woofer's deepest bass response.
  • 1" Soft Dome Directional Tweeter Capable of highs beyond audible range.
  • 125 watts per channel per speaker at 8 ohms
  • Frequency response: 40HZ - 21KHZ
  • Sensitivity: 90db 1 watt 1 meter
  • White ABS plastic with White paint able metal grills
  • Dimensions 10 3/4" round

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by brad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
    Just purchased a complete sound system from Acoustic Sound Design and the service was top notch. Order was shipped prompt and delivery was fast. Will do business again.

Submitted by christopher hayes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
    I was very appy with the information about the speakers that I received from Accousetic desgn's website and was also happy with the speakers they sound great can handel lots of volumne and the price could not be beat

Purchased At:   accustec design

Submitted by cme a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
    I installed a few of these for a whole-house audio distribution system and am very pleased. These are some great speakers. They are extremely efficient so they fill the room with the rather anemic power supplied by multi-zone amplifiers. And they have a very clear sound to them, which is particularly important for background listening where there is a fair amount of ambient noise.

Packaging was exceptional (I didn't expect much at this price point - $189/pair) and I was delighted with how detailed the instructions were; I didn't have any installation issues. They accepted my oversized 12-gauge wire without issue. And I’m happy with how they look once installed - no ugly logos, relatively flush, good trim, and a nice white color (some speakers are a little yellow).

I don't listen too critically to these, but they sound good to my ear. Treble is clear without being harsh/bright. The midrange is suitably warm for my tastes. And the bass extension is good, so good balance and overall design.

The only drawback I've found so far is that these don't have an included enclosure. Depending on the wall/ceiling cavity they are installed into, the bass response may resonate at a particular frequency. This is pretty typical of all but the best, and far more expensive models (Triad, Snell), so this is really a minor caveat.

For the price, I feel these are an excellent value.

Purchased At:   acousticsounddesign.

BIC Acoustech HT 8C

I'd appreciate if you could add the following product so I can write a review. Thanks! Manufacturer Name: [b]Bic Acoustech[/b] Manufacturer's Website Address: [b][url]http://www.bicacoustechspeakers.com[/url] [url]http://www.bicacoustechspeakers.com/closeup.asp?cid=32&pid=50&offset=0[/url][/b] ... Read More »