B&W CWM 650 Inwall Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

2-Way In-Wall Speakers - 6.5" Woofers and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by smokehouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
When it comes to in-walls, I am not the biggest fan. I feel you always loose some quality over the cabinet design. These, however, do not cease to amaze me. I understand that the price of admission is a little steep, but you have to pay to play. I have installed at least 25 pairs or more of the 650's and they are amazing. No, they are not as good as the 601 S2 or 3's, but they better that any in-wall in the $500 or less range. If you have to have in-walls, look to these. The soundstage on these is nothing short of incredible

Submitted by Jim Kilty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I picked these up for use as surround sound speakers. I am surprised by the quality of sound they produce. I think they are suitable for use as your main speakers when coupled with a good sub woofer or for use in mid quality systems. They are perfect for surround or casual background use. For the price ($400) I think they sound pretty good.

Submitted by Tom Parker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
The decorator and my wife told me my old tower speakers had to go... So I started shopping for in-walls. I listened to a bunch ... Def Tech, etc and landed on these... Coupled with their PSW 500. WOW! I was thinking I'd have to compromise, but I've ended up preferring them to my ads tower speakers.

Great job, B&W!