B&W Signature 7SE
Description: 2-Way In-Wall Speaker - 7" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by bcins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Listened to many an in-wall/in-ceiling speaker, and although almost the most expensive on the market, they served my needs for power handling (Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 425wpc x 5 channels). These speakers had to be mounted in the ceiling in lieu of what would have been my preference for at least the fronts of being mounted in-wall. Once installed and with the addition of a B&W HTM1 Center, I was "Blown" away. These speakers handle just about as much clean power as you can feed them. I did have to set the fronts to small to have the heavy bass response fed to the sub, but that was the extent of my tweaks. Rush out to your local dealer for any and all in-wall/ceiling needs !!

Purchased At:   Wilshire Home Theatr

Submitted by Andrew Kruglanski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Simply the best sounding in-wall speakers on the market. I am using a pair as rear center channels and the sound dynamic. I selected them because of their copatability with my other B&Ws. The design of my sound room required in-walls in the rear center. I had them installed in the ceiling to get a defuse, dipole like effect, and to change the sweet spot in my room to the center of my leather sofa. B&W tech support told me they would serve my needs well as
in-ceiling speakers. They were too modest. They accomplished both my objectives beyond all expectations. I don't notice any compromise in sound quality in this application.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by Jon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
So far above other high-end in-wall speakers it isn't fair. I cannot say enough about the side-by-side comparison.

This speaker images well for an in-wall. B&W's are known to be smooth across the sonic range and uncolored and this model is no exception. Bass is tight and treble is not overdone and not flat.

A couple of installation notes: mine are not positioned ideally and are in a room with cathedral ceilings and hard surfaces and still image well; also make sure installation is done carefully (I oversaw every detail).

Admit that in-wall is not perfect, but these are as close as it gets to perfect.

P.S. Someone should change the description to remove the reference to "floor speaker"

Submitted by Jim Kilty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have recently auditioned a wide array of In-wall speakers from a variety of venders and have come to an interesting conclusion. If you want good sound quality from flush mounted speakers you have to spend a few extra dollars. The lack of a sound enclosure presents a unique set of problems for these speakers. Most of these types of speakers lack any low range, present a poor sound stage and lack any depth of field or image quality. I think that most of the in-wall speakers out there are designed for discrete background music. They tend to lack the kind of quality one would expect from their primary listening speakers. The Signature 7 is the exception to the rule. These speakers sound great. The sound is rich and warm with good low end and excellent accuracy. They don’t come cheap at $1200.00 but I think they are worth it if you don’t want full size speakers lurking around the room.

Audition them for yourself. You won’t be disappointed. These are some of the best sounding in-wall speakers at any price.

Of course, the number one expert on the quality of sound being produced from a pair of speakers is you.