AudioSource IC8S
Description: The discrete, compact format of AudioSource in-wall speakers makes them ideal for many applications where traditional speakers would be impractical or impossible. These in-wall speakers may be used independently where space is a consideration, or to bring music to additional rooms in the house. They can also be used to enhance and enrich surround sound systems, for which they are especially suited. In-wall speakers are designed so that the wall and the space behind them actually become the speak

Submitted by Shacks a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
Surprisingly good for the money. I listened to several different brands of speakers available locally, and then decided to take a risk and buy these "unheard". Installation was easy and the sound is very good at even moderate volume. Great for background/whole house sound.

Purchased At:   Etronics.com

Submitted by audionut899 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
For the money, these blew me away! Of course, they're not quite up to the level of high-end speakers from Paradigm, Triad, or Speakercraft. But they're darn close--for $100 a pair versus $1000 a pair!

Great clarity with CD sources, sound very good with FM radio as well. Surprisingly good bass, even with the 6 1/2" models. My only caveat is to not crank them to ridiculous levels, they'll distort a bit if you push them too much. But they can go to very reasonably loud levels effortlessly.

Purchased At:   J and R

Submitted by rfrosati a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought 1 pair of these to try. They sound good. They have a problem handling music that has a lot of bass in it. I find I have to lower the base setting on my Denon AVR-1802 by -2 db some times. They are perfect though for whole house audio which is what I am using them for.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was shocked when I finally got these in the house. I put eight of them throughout the house and didn't want to spend a ton of money at first. My plan was to put somthing in that could be replaced later. Needless to say I won't be replacing these anytime soon. I'm sure that if I spent a couple hundred dollars on each set I would hear a difference but it wouldn't be worth it these are great and you cant beat the price. Trust me, they are great.

Purchased At:   Ebay