Polk Audio RM7200 Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.29/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $1529.00

High gloss black laminate finish Satellites and center are a mere 4" (10.2cm) deep Sleek, rounded design minimizes cabinet-edge diffraction for more open, spacious sound Built-in wall mount system Patented Power Port venting technology reduces air turbulence at the mouth of the port, resulting in demonstrably lower distortion and improved lower midrange frequency extension Magnetically shielded for safe placement next to your TV without picture interference Anti-diffraction driver bezel minimizes grille diffraction for open, spacious and three-dimensional imaging Cascade tapered array on the center channel avoids the common comb filter and "beaming effect" problems of side-by-side center speakers. Everyone in the room hears the same clear, natural dialog and center channel effects

Submitted by alvin22 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
These speaker are okay but not great as I would like. Good sound and looks but missing other instruments when listening to music. Need midrange and more bass. Movies are better for this speaker sytem then muisc. I tried the bose accust 10 but they sound like crap.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by BigDaddy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
This speaker system is head and shoulders above Bose. I was going to pay 1299.00 for them and happily found out they were on sale. I'm using an Onkyo TX-SR701 receiver that delivers 100 watts per channel. Speakers are capable of 125. People have spent 2 to 3 times on speaker systems and are blown away by my Polks. I've read in some reveiws that the sound was not that good. If you use the right cables(i.e. optical, compnent, heavier gauge speaker wire) and drive these speakers with the proper wattage, you should not have any complaints.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Ernie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
This System Isnt All That Great Its Pretty Good For Music But For Movies I Think Bose Is Better.This System Sounds Pretty Good SomeTimes And Ok At Others. anyways I wish it had a Little More Base.
I have the polk rm 7200 set

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by kyipper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm using the rm7200 system as part of a 7.1 setup. I have a pair of RTi38's on stands as my fronts. The four 7200 satellites are wall-mounted (on brackets) as side and back surrounds. The center is on top of the TV, and the sub is against the front wall.

The satellites sound very nice. They can play surprisingly loud, but are nice and clear. They do not play low frequencies well, but that's what the better fronts and the sub are for.

I had to work a lot to find a good place for the sub (my room's ceiling is vaulted from left to right, and sub placement made a considerable difference in sound). It's a fairly musical sub, I think --- for instance, the Cowboy Junkies' "Trinity Sessions", which contains lots of bass, sounds clean and crisp. Movies have plenty of thump and bang; the sofa gives a satisfying vibration with explosions. In the corner or in the low side of the room, the sub sounded pretty bad --- all boom, not much else. Placement seems to matter a lot.

I'm least sure about the center speaker. Dialogue often sounds fine, but occasionally seems thin or shrill. Not sure if this is simply a source issue, or if a better center would improve the sound. I may eventually audition another center.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by John Shumpert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased the RM7200 for its great sound quality. These satellites rock! They deliver very clear natural sound. The set looks great also. The sub shakes the house, but sometimes I found myself wishing I had more bass. Of course, it could be the recording or just my personal preference. They're worth the cash, but I'd shop around for the best buy. Overall I thought they were awesome. Hint: if you buy these, follow the connection process recommended by the Polk manual.

Purchased At:   Circuit City