Polk Audio RM6800
Description: <ul> <li>Bass-reflex</li> <li>Each handles up to 125 watts</li> <li>3/4" dome tweeter</li> <li>3-1/4" woofer</li> <li>Keyhole slots and threaded inserts</li> <li>5-way binding posts</li> <li>4-3/8"W x 7-1/16"H x 5-1/16"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by Shawn Satterfield a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
While researching receivers I came across these speakers in a Fry's auditioning room. The sound from the speakers was amazing. I realize that the high end Onkyo receiver drivng them had a LOT to do with the extremely detailed sound but it showed me what the RM6800's were capable of. I did not purchase them then because Fry's wanted $750 for them. Later, I found them at a CC for $450. I didn't hesitate. I now have a Pioneer 816 with these speakers and even though the RM6800's don't have the extreme sound they had with the Onkyo at Fry's they still sound incredible.

Purchased At:   CC

Submitted by jz4h3m a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased the speakers + Onkyo TX603 for $999.00 at CC

I heard a friends 5.1 Bose system and knew I must upgrade my old "stereo" These blow his Bose away.
Wasn't overly impressed with initial setup, but then a great sounding small speaker system after I ran the Onkyo TX603's auto setup feature.

I tried both subwoofer setups in the instructions, but the "not recommended" option of A/V sub out to the subwoofer produced superior sound.

Overall I am very happy and would recomend this system to anyone

Purchased At:   Circuit City