Polk Audio RM7500
Description: Sub-Satellite

Submitted by 1967chevelle a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I use a 5.1 105 watts/ch Marantz sr-7200 receiver to power these speakers. All my friends think its better than going to a movie cinema. It handles 100 decibels of continuous sound crystal clear with peaks up to 106 decibels. You can play 2-channel CD´s with the receiver in a surround mode and if you close your eyes, you think the group is on stage in front of you. Movies sound great and the psw650 sub actually feels like it is shaking you. It is placed 1 foot to the left of my recliner and 1 foot from the wall on a concrete floor in my 1000 sq.ft. basement. One of the sub speakers is facing me. I set all the speakers to 75 decibels in the setup menu and also set the distance from the listener.(12ft for fronts and 5ft for rears)Its positioned in the corner of my open basement. I hooked the sub to the sub pre-out on the receiver and plugged into my LFE in on the sub. I still need to try plugging in to my unfiltered IN on the sub. I feel that 5.1 DTS or THX recordings sound better than plain old 5.1 dolby. I since have added around $4000 to the system. External 230 watts/ch amp, cht-12 velodyne sub and 5 Polk LSi spkrs. It does sound better and louder now, but I still think the Rm7500 with psw650 sub is a great deal for the money and do recommend it highly. The Rm7600 replaces the Rm7500. If you buy using the internet make sure the seller is an authorized dealer for the product.

Submitted by Forbidden_City a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was shopping for a pair of mains plus a matching center to complete my HT system. I was looking both on floor-standing speakers and bookshelves like Infinity, M&K, Definitive..etc. One day I visited a Circuit City closeby and saw they have a 5 piece RM7500 satellite set selling for $550 since RM7500 will be replaced by RM7600 next year(7500 and 7600 are essentially the same product). I then proceeded to listen to a demo with "Titan AE" and boy! The speakers do rock! I purchased the set (I think it's the last set) and I'm not reqretting since then. When I play guitar and other string music I can hear very natural, detailed string tone. I even hear the resonance of the instrument's wooden body. When I play action DVDs with numerous bang-bang, boom-boom scenes the speakers handle every detail cleanly and with ease. I even tried to test my speakers by setting the mains to "large" and send all LFEs to both main and sub. Even though the real low bass was weak on the mains (can't expect too much for a 5 1/4 inch midrange driver) they did not experience any distortion. I'm really glad I purchased this set, especially when I only pay 550 for it.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Jonathan Nicholas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
If anyone is interested in these speakers I have a set for sale in the classifieds. This is an awesome set of speakers!

Purchased At:   AudioPros

Submitted by omar flores a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
this system rocks my world!

its has a nice look besides the sound

Purchased At:   from a friend

Submitted by Max S a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Awesome speakers, hands down they are in my opinion the best. Very nice looking also. They have highs they have lows and every where in between. Every one that comes over is amazed by the sound. The sub just blows me away when watching movies. I strongly suggest you go with Polk, as you can see every one else knows a winner when they see one.

Purchased At:   Liquid Price.com