Klipsch THX Ultra 2
Description: <ul> <li>Real cinema sound</li> <li>Built for versatility</li> <li>Proprietary Klipsch Tractrix Horn tweeters</li> <li>Cerametallic woofers</li> </ul>

Submitted by basshead a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
Best Cinema Setup ever made.

Submitted by erik777 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
Wow,
I know its one of the most expensive Klipsch Systems but watching Movies has an entire new meaning in our house. We just finished the installation last week. Movie day has turned into a nightly event for now. I totally agree with previous post, we now feel our room IS the movie theater, Sound is booming-just awesome. If you have children like my boys you can actually get them to sit for a couple of hours.
If its in your budget its a must listen, Klipsch has outdone themselves.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by SPINEFIXR a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I always read reviews about the equipment but many do not compare it to other equipment they have owned. I am going to do just that for reference. My preference is for theater. I love music but nothing relaxes me more than a good movie. To me the best sound and video for movies is in the theater(a very good one) and we are trying to recreate the theater experience. These speakers sound exactly like a theater I used to visit frequently(CineCapri in AZ). Of course they sound more powerful, clearer, and cleaner but my room is only 15x30 and it sounds like the gaint 500+ seating theater I am referring to. Basically huge dynamics, clean, and the best resolution yet. I have owned powered monitors from the professional side(good but lacking the dynamics and power), Axiom Epic 80's system(The best with music if I did not have a sub), Magnapan's MMG's with CC1 center(the best for music with a sub )Various M&K models including the 750thx, S-85's, s-125's, s-100b's, and finally M&K s-250's. M&K's are the best at combining both music and theater especially the s-250's. With that said I like the klipsch thx ultra 2 system better for movies only. They have a slightly better resolution and sound much bigger. My wife was watching troy with me the other day and I leaned over to talk to her and she said"I lost myself like in the theater" meaning when she watches movies in theaters she gets into it and this is the first time it happened at home. I would agree. Real cinema sound is what the reviewers say and they are not joking. They sound good for music but I had 3 others that were better. They were not made for this(thx certified). By the way you can not go wrong with any I mentioned. They cost $2400 for a pair of thr fronts and the MMG's cost $560. Do they sound that much better? No, but in the world of audio and video to get a little better it cost much more. Worth it if you can afford it. I am using Mcintosh equipment for my theater. Thanks

Purchased At:   LOCAL DEALER