JBL NSP1 5 Piece Speaker System Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.69/5 (13 Reviews)

The 2-way 4-inch bookshelf loudspeakers and the 2-way 5-inch center channel loudspeaker with high-impact molded enclosure reproduce sound with unmatched clarity and power. The PolyPlas (polymer-coated cellulose fiber) cone woofer features traditional JBL engineering, the same technologies used in JBL's professional equipment that can be found in stadiums, music halls and move theaters around the world.

Shielded components allow placement near video monitors. High-temperature oversized Kapton-voice coil and HeatScape motor structure allow these speakers to effortlessly play all types of movies and music. The FreeFlow flared port increases bass response without adding unwanted port noise. JBL's custom designed drivers allow the use of simple, Straight-line Signal Path (SSP) crossover networks with high quality electrical components that minimize processing that could degrade the signal.

Submitted by Jason a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I absolutely love these speakers. Very good sound quality regardless it is music or movies you are playing. The speakers are paired up with a JBL PB12 sub and Harman Kardon AVR-225.

I played Diana Krall's Paris concert (DTS) in my small living room and well it is no $2000 THX amp I was still blown away by the effect. The positioning was very accurate and the mid-range really rich and warm. These speakers produce bass right to the cut off freq with ultra easy - for most classic music playing, rarely my sub is involved (which is a good thing, the PB12 sucked at music).

However the movie experience is really what set it apart. the surround reproduced is so well (play Das Boot director's cut and hear the submarine body crack in deep sea then you know what I mean) you'd think you are in a theater.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by bru87tr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Do you want nice sounding speakers that give realisim ? good bass for the speaker size ? that can handle alot of power and not distort ? BUY THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are wonderful and im still amazed by the sound! I have them Hooked up to a Onkyo TX-DS 494 and wow what a combo!!!!!!!!!!! just all around excellent!!!!!!!! dont buy them at retail locally you can get them at up to half the price online. I got a free tripplite 10 outlet HT surge protector with them too.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Bill a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
Can't beat the sound for the money!!!!

Purchased At:   B&H Photo and Video

Submitted by Mark P a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had read reviews on a lot of different speakers, speaker sets, and thanks to the comments here, I decided on this system. I needed a balance of budget and quality, and I have not been disappointed.

I've set these up in an acoustically challenged room: hard tile floors, many flat surfaces, steel shelving units, and a lot of glass. The speakers almost ignore the imperfections of the room. They are hooked to an Onkyo TX595 receiver and Panasonic DVD/CD player. The sound distribution is even, and very nice. The N24 speakers have excellent response across the spectrum. Even in the bass end, response is still good, though I am getting a subwoofer to complement the system. The center channel speaker does a good job in anchoring the system.

Hearing the glass shattering in Run Lola Run is like hearing one of your own windows break. Listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony was unbelievable....I heard instruments I've never heard before in that recording. Wow. Vocal tracks, instrumentals....I've thrown it all at it, and the sound is very good.

This speaker set is great for someone who is looking for a high quality system at a good price. The setup I have is more suited for smaller rooms, or apartment living. I probably wouldn't put these in a large room, but would be perfect for a den, smaller living room, or bedroom.

Purchased At:   etronics.com

Submitted by Weister42 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these babies online far cheaper than in a local store by my house, which sels these at around $550. This is the first home theater I've own, and I'm very happey with it. It doesn't have much below 80Hz, but small speakers like these are not designed to handle bass anyway. The soundstage that these speakers cast is absolutely solid, I can picture the singer in front of me, or the flying bullet that zooms across the room in The Matrix. Overall a great speaker package for the price.

Purchased At:   ecost