Jamo S 606 HCS Home Theater Speaker Systems

Only the Danish could design a speaker system that looks as good as it sounds. With distinctively sleek European lines and powerful output, the S-606-HCS-3 5.0 speaker system puts all the essential components into home theater. The S 606 has a 1-inch tweeter and two 5-inch midrange drivers that ensure strong, clear vocals and instrumentation, while the 8-inch side-mounted woofer delivers a deep, thunderous bass. The S 606 is fully equipped for optional bi-wiring and bi-amplification. Furthermore, the easily adjustable spikes ensure that the speakers always stand securely; making a good, stable mechanical contact with the floor.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought these from Vanns while they were having a sale. I got them $350!!! These are by far the best speakers I could have gotten for that kind of money. I've always had an audiophile appetite, but didn't have the audiophile budget. However, when I saw these for $350 online, I had to get them.

I have a Denon AVR-1712 pushing them without a subwoofer. I have turned up the volume to about +4 with not a single distortion. I haven't had a chance to listen to much music with them yet, but the movies I've watched play wonderfully. Even without a subwoofer (I have a 2 year old that sleeps directly above my home theater so I couldn't blast the subwoofer even if I had one) the system has a great low end. Of course it would be even better with one, but for now, I'm OK without it.

These speakers have superb build quality. I've been trying to find faults with them, but have yet to find any. I guess if I had spent the $849 msrp, maybe I'd be a little more critical, but for the price I paid, they are AWESOME!!!

Product model year:   2009