Canton MOVIE5CXWH Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $699.00

Canton Movie 5-CX Home Theater System - MOVIE5CXWH/ 100 Watts Maximum Output/ 5 Satellite Speakers/ 1 Active Subwoofer/ 5 Wall Brackets Included/ White Finish (Photo Showing Black)

Submitted by Gal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
Those unrated speakers blow away any similar set of sattelite speakers I've heard yet (specially for the price) !!!

Submitted by Le Ping a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I happened to come across these fabulous Canton 5-CX speakers through an audio website and they were trying to destock these speakers (Canton speakers don't seem to be well marketed in France and neither in the US it seems. No one knows about the product. It's a real pity as they are indeed top quality products). They were selling it at 151 euros compared to 699 euros (retail price).

I was prepared to buy the Bose acoustimass speakers as I was looking for something small and was prepared to pay for quality speakers. So I tried out the Bose and the Canton speakers in another store and to my surprise, the Canton speakers were indeed very powerful and produced very balanced and natural sound!

The Bose accoustimass speakers were ofcourse truly a gem but were selling at 1200 euros.

Seriously speaking, I only needed speakers for my living room which measured about 20m2 and not for a 100m2 loft.
During the test, the Canton speakers really came close to the Bose speakers. You can hardly tell the difference in a small to medium-sized room.

My advice is if you are looking for SMALL, QUALITY satellite speakers for your apartment, go for the Canton speakers. If you are looking for speakers for a much larger space, go for the Bose as they are much more powerful (this is a great disadvantage for Bose speakers in a small room as you can't play them too loud if you have neighbours and if you do not play them loud enough, they do not produce their optimal sound level, whereas the Canton speakers are made to be used in small to medium-sized rooms).

Moreover, I bought them in white and they blend with the walls of my apartment. Truly "invisible".

Go and try them out yourselves. You will see what I mean.

Canton website : http://www.gspr.com/canton/movieii.html
or http://www.canton.de/www/content/index.php4?jmp=3,315,movie6cx,2&flash=1&lng=en&cntry=us

Purchased At:   Discount online stor