Aperion Audio 5.1
Description: The 5.1 channel home theater system is our most popular choice. Designed for use with the leading surround sound formats, Dolby Digital and DTS the 5.1 home theater package includes five timbre matched satellite speakers along with your choice of subwoofers.

Submitted by saxon67 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought the 532s X4, a 533 center and a S12 sub. Initially the center was on back order so I was sent a 400 series center to use until the 533 was available (nice touch!) I had trouble with the sub about 2 mos after purchase and had to pay freight to ship it back to them, they did replace the sub free of charge and sent me a brand new one (the amplifier died on the original). So far happy with customer service except for having to pay for freight to return the sub which was probably defective in the 1st place.
For sound I would rate these as good. I use these with a Denon AVR3805 receiver. They play loud but get congestd in the mid frequencies on busy tracks like Pink Floyd's us and them. Highs are good but can be grating at higher volumes. Female voices also have a bit of a grating edge to them at times. I have not tested other speakers in this price range so have no good grounds for comparison. I recently bought PMC OB1s, along with a sub and matched center from the same company. Much, much more expensive but a considerable improvement in sound quality. The PMCs are reference quality and are excellent.
I have the Aperions as my computer speakers and for this they excell. Gaming is immersive and visceral. Explosion s are felt and action scenes in movies are quite well done. Music is good overall but not excellent. They sound incredibly better than any HTIB solutions and a far better than any BOSE solution that I have heard.

Purchased At:   Aperion web site

Submitted by Bayshoreman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I just had to get on tell whoever is interested what a GREAT company Aperion Audio is. There are others on this thread who have spoken quite eloquently about the quality of the speakers both technically and esthetically, all of which I endorse wholeheartedly.

I, as others, had some trepidation about spending that kind of money on a speaker system sight unseen and sound unheard but given all the good reviews feedback that this was the real thing, I went ahead, rolled the dice and bought the 5.1 system.

When I received the system, I was stunned over the fact that their statements about the furniture quality of the speaker cases were if anything understated. And when I hooked up the system…WOW!!!!

It has now been over five years and I recently had a problem with the subwoofer not producing any sound. I called their tech department and was immediately put in contact with a “live” tech representative who in retrospect reminded me of the Maytag repairman who seemed genuinely gleeful that someone was actually calling him to help diagnose a problem. The bottom-line was that the subwoofer needed to be replaced which they immediately did at no charge including paying for the shipment both for the new subwoofer and the return of the old one (85lbs from/to Oregon/Maryland!!). This is one awesome company!!!!

Submitted by deadhead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have been wanting to write a review on these speakers for some time now. Let me start by saying I am not an audiophile. I am an average joe who listens to a lot of music and watches a fair amount of movies. I spent 2 full months looking at reviews and listening to speakers in the showrooms. Somehow I came across aperion audio and after checking reviews on a couple of different sites I could find no bad remarks about this company. I was a little skeptical about ordering my new system without actually seeing the product. I finally narrowed my choices down to aperion and Klipsch. Do not get me wrong I did like the Klipsch but I decided to bite the bullet and try the Aperions, boy am I glad I did. I actually ended up buying the 5.1 system with the S-10 sub and I
also purchased a 2.1 system for my den. I bought all the speakers and the sub and 2 receivers from aperion. They give you a good discount if you buy everything from them. I also received a free wiring kit of monster cable which was about a $200 value if purchased seperatley. This whole package cost me the same as if I would have just bought the Klipsch 5.1 and a good receiver. When I received my shipment from aperion I felt sorry for the Fed Ex guy becouse these things have some serious build quality to them. They are heavy and did not seem cheaply made. This system is packaged very well and in velvet bags which was very impressive. The big question is how do they sound? Again let me stress that I am not an audiophile my old system was a bose which was just ok and before that I had some old cerwin vega D-5 speakers which kicked a## but my wife was not happy with the size so I caved and bought the smaller bose. Anyway let me say that these speakers can take some power, when no one is home I crank out whatever I am listening to and these speakers sound great there is no distortion at all and I do not have to keep messing with settings to get them to sound good these things rock. If I am listening to something a little heavier like Rush or Iron Maiden I will usually listen to them in straight stereo mode becouse I do not like all the bass the sub puts out(only when you have it loud).
Again not an audiophile but I know what sounds good just do not have all the tech jargon to explain it. If I play something a little mellower like Pink Floyd or the Grateful Dead the 5.1 sounds absolutely fantastic. I hear stuff I have never heard before even after listening to some of these cds for a lot of years. From my review so far it is obvious that music was one of my main priorities when buying a new system and movies were secondary but let me tell you a Dvd like star wars sounds great. The sub that comes with the system is great for giving you a great theater experience. The only problem with having this system is you will really want to turn it up to enjoy it and it will shake the whole house. Let me also tell you about the customer service from aperion, it is second to none. I had a problem with my main receiver and speaker when I first set it up. The receiver just had a button that did not work but one of the speakers had a wire crossed and when I cranked them it shut my receiver off into self protect mode. I called aperion and we did a few trials over the phone and when we could not solve the problem they said they were shipping me out a new receiver and 2 new speakers right then. I was able to continue using every thing due to the fact that it only had a problem when I turned it up really loud. When I got the new speakers and receiver 3 days later I boxed up the old and shipped them back on their dime. About a week later I got a call from one of the techs that I had been dealing with and he explained to me that they took apart the speaker and found the crossed wire which was causing the receiver to shut down so it would not damage itself. He apologized to me for the problem and said they very sorry for the inconvience I had to deal with. I was not at all mad becouse THEY TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM QUICKLY and took resposibility for the problem. In todays customer service world that is a rarity and a welcome sight. I honestly can not say enough good things about these speakers and the company. If you are looking for a good set up at a very reasonable price look no further.

Submitted by jski1911 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
I am a big movie watcher so I was looking for a quality speaker system to pair with a Denon-3803 surround reciever. I did not initially plan to spend as much on speakers as I did, but in doing my online research and listening to systems at the typical stores, I wasn't finding what I wanted at the price I wanted. Then I came across Aperion Audio somehow, and I read such glowing reviews from the pros and the consumers that I was intrigued. Repeatedly in these reviews the "bang for the buck" was rated as high. So I visited their website.
The website gives all pertinent info in a clean user friendly template. I used the chat feature to have some questions answered before I called to make my order. The folks at Aperion are very personable and helpfull. The risk free, no shipping charge, trial offer left no reason to give them a shot, once I resolved to meet the price point.
The end result, is that I am the proud owner of an outstanding surround sound speaker system, that has met my high expectations. The systems I listened to in the stores, put out loud sound but did not have the tonal depth and character that these speakrs have.
Yes these speakers are definitely alot of "bang for the buck" but they really are more than that. If you are looking for speakers for music or movies I recomend you give these a serious look. Chances are you will thank yourself later.

Submitted by joe c a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased a 5.1 system a month ago. I couldn't be happier! Beautiful sound, excellent quality and great service! Well worth the money.sound, quality

Purchased At:   Aperion/online