Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1 Home Theater Speaker Systems

• Bass reflex ported
  • 2-way loudspeaker

Submitted by JBL-freak a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
This loudspeaker is a little gem. I bought it for only € 50,00 on Dutch Marketplace and to be honest, i didn't expect much from this "budget" loudspeaker. I have to admit i was totally wrong and according to an old saying"Don't judge a book by the cover !" i had to revise my premature opinion. When connected to my vintage Sony TA-1120A i was totally flabbergasted when i heard the first notes of Enya's "The memory of trees". Good heavens, the sound reproduction exceeded my wildest expectations. The Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1 just sounds like a high-end loudspeaker from a respectable level. A tight bass, a smooth midrange and a sparkling high section. Just wonderful and when placed correctly you will experience a deep and wide soundstage !!!
Marvellous, what a value for money ! It's one of the most remarkable loudspeakers in my collection.

Submitted by PeoriaAudiophile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I auditioned several speakers over 3 months. The AE evo 1 came out on top. These are not the loudest, boomiest speaker out there. I found the sound to be very accurate. The mid range vocals were absolutely beautiful. The top end was not harsh like the B&W's or many other speakers with the aluminum tweeter. It has a solid low end as well. I've had many visitors to my bar room over the years who have commented how good the speakers sound. I still enjoy them after I've moved up to dynaudios which cost over five times as much. Excellent value.

Submitted by carlos eduardo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excelent sound, great soundstage and solid bass in a small size. High compatibility with Rotel and Cambridge Audio.

Purchased At:   audiouno

Submitted by mikejyg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
all the reviews say it is great;
the highs are harsh and irritating at the beginning.
the highs are harsh and irritating after 6 months.
my $15 computer speaker from Walmart sounds better.
I don't know what happened, the reality is that the speakers I got are absolutely crap - and this is all that matters.

Purchased At:   authorized dealer