Yamaha NS-1000
MSRP  1900.00

Submitted by Sonny a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
Does anyone know anything about ns 1200 speakers I have recently purchased it

Submitted by Tim from down under a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2013

Bottom Line:
These are phenominal quality vintage speakers, and have a cult following all around the globe. The midrange drivers are true freaks.... Simply one the cleanest, and airiest midranges ever created. A true credit to the YAMAHA engineers of the era. They can still keep op with the best speakers of today, and surpass many. It really says something for vintage speakers of the golden era of hi fi. I also have the NS1200s which also sound phenominal, and are quite rare .I always have many speakers in my collection of different brands, but always keep a pair of YAMMIES for reference, to gauge other speakers to.
THESE ARE TRUE VINTAGE GEMS , AND YOU MUST OWN A PAIR AT SOME STAGE OF YOUR LIFE, IF YOU TRULY APPRECIATE GOOD SOUNDING SPEAKERS!!!

Submitted by roger fuentes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2013

Bottom Line:
wow, so this NS-1000 Yamaha monitor speaker is vintage now...... i believe it's been manufactured since 1974...... i have a pair of this and thought of selling it here...... you may wanted to contact me for details. thanks..... just add me at fb, roger12082002@yahoo.com, thanks.

Submitted by Chris a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2013

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker second hand about 7 years ago: best buy I ever made. It sounds great, revealing, realistic and so dynamic. Good imagery and soundstage. I am using it with Yamaha M2 power amplifier and C4 preamplifier with Yamaha CDX 1110 CD and PX3 turntable. My first listen many years ago did not impress me and I did not buy the speakers new then. I cannot inderstand how I missed its incredible performance - could have been poor matching equipment. I treasure these speakers and will not change them for anything. They are a truly amazing piece of audio engineering that was way ahead of its time. I agree with all the positive reviews, this speaker is just so special. MIne are in good condition but like most Yamaha NS 1000 now over30 years old. I also have JBL L100 - its dynamic and enjoyable to listen to but lacks the clarity, detail and finesse of the Yamaha - it is in my second system and will stay there because the NS 1000M is top of the list in my home. Even my children love it

Submitted by soundchoice a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2013

Bottom Line:
yamaha ns 1000, bought new and still enjoying them for the last 36 years. So revealing, great cable and speaker wire and equipment tester. Have a new rega turntable with a belari phono preamp and the ns 1000 absolutely loves vinyl . Sounds great with a vincent tube preamp, but the v dac mkll will sound incredible too. I have used 30 watt scott tube amps and a parasound hca 2200 that is still sounding great.These are audiophile speakers that can rock. Acoustic string music is absolutely the best and the 12 inch woofer to 40 hz. A incredible classic speaker that can show the wimpy speakers of today what real music sounds like.