Yamaha NS-225F
Description: <ul> <li>Impedance: 6 ohms</li> <li>Efficency: 86 dB/W/m</li> <li>Sensitivity: 86 dB/0.283 V/1 m</li> <li>Frequency Response: 60 Hz- 50 kHz</li> </ul>

Submitted by pipi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
Build quality:

When I took this speakers out of the box I was ammazed about the great silver finish, the speakers are heavy, have gold plated connectors and are a real taste for the eye. They look more expensive then they are, and they come in medium size cabinets, I dont have a large room so thats why I also decided to buy these speakers

Sound quality:

With sound I mean everything but music, I use them allot for movies, and when I saw starwars and heard the lightsabers its like the sound is surrounding me, the bassreflex ports on the towers are doing a great job, there is plenty of detail and bass in the sound. But with heavy explosions such as on the platform in starwars episode II a subwoofer is a must have. For all the "normal" sound the towers do the job easily! I never had one time that I could say hmmm I dont like this sound from my speakers.

Music quality:

I tested this speaker system the first time with the gladiator sound track, and the number THE BATTLE, The sound was clean, and a little cold, I am a Yamaha fan for the coldness in there music. Back to THE BATTLE soundtrack. There was enough punch in the music, and plenty of detail. The speakers respond quikly on music changes, and the emotion of the music is a taste for the ears and a feeling for the mind. The bass is enough with all kinds of music, exept with trance, my subwoofer did a much better job with the bass in that kind of music.

Movie quality:

I use the full Yamaha PMD 225 series speakers and the Yamaha YST 225 subwoofer, so from this ill try to give you an impression.

Ofcourse I tryed Starwars Epsiode II, The intro music is very clean and powerfull, with good surrounding effects, the music postitioning is good, the vocals are always clear, and I never had a problem to hear it, the subwoofer lets realy rock my home! The music and sounds from starwars are very fast sometimes, but the speakers had no problems with the music speed changes and volume ups and downs. When there are many sound and music at once in the movie the speakers do a good job to keep the sound clean and listenable.

If youre sick of your plastic home cinema set, with poor music and youre up to spent more money but dont want to spent too much room on speakers!? These speakers are a perfect choice, but if you dont like cold fish dont buy these speakers, but if you like a clean powerfull sound, and you like to hear much details in sound and music these speakers are a hell of a bergain! Dont forget to buy a good receiver to get the best sound and music!

Purchased At:   internet