Yamaha NS A100XT
Description: - Three-way bass reflex tower speaker.<br>- The speaker is magnetically shielded, so it can be placed on a TV or video monitor without degrading the picture via stray magnetic fields.<br>- Five-way binding posts make connections easy and the gold plating provides the fine electrical bond.<br>- New grille design and satin grille cloth provide an attractive and acoustically transparent protective cover for the drivers.<br>- The profile radius wrapped black finish cabinet provides a handsome style accent and improves the acoustic performance by reducing cabinet interference and assuring the proper dispersion of sound.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
i bought these off a guy in Des Moines Iowa, for 100 Bucks....i blast these things as loud as i think they could handle...and boy do they handle...i dont believe the speakers can go louder than i want to push them, but for as loud as i play them (btw i play them off a P.O.S walmart stereo), they work awesome

Submitted by Jerry Vaughn a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
Like these speakers.Got them at a yard sale for $ 10.00.What more can i say.

Submitted by tinn_85 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I Agree with most of the other reviews, but the upper registers can be almost overly harsh at times. When glass breaks in a movie, you definitely know it. I did the midrange mod as well, but I used the covers from a 100 disk CDR spindel, supported by a pencil untill the glue dried (I just left them in it didn't hurt) Fairly flat response, but lacking a little in the mid/high bass, but probbably due to my crappy reciver (EQ is in the mail) My DIY Shiva in a 2.5^3 FT ported box handels the lower end much much much better. I cant get the Timbre match to be exact between these and my Yamaha center though... that was odd...

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by bbgallaway a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great speakers for the price (I have since seen them much cheaper than I bought them, but I'm still happy). I haven't had problems with the midrange speaker excursion referenced by other reviewers but I'm thinking about doing the tupperware fix as a precautionary measure (isolating the mid by attaching a tupperware container behind it). These are my mains in my home theater, and I've enjoyed them so far. Three way crossover makes for good sound, they've got a good frequency response, but as with most tower speakers they won't really shine unless coupled with a subwoofer (I'm using a Dahlquist PDQ1500 15" sub). You can usually find them new on ebay for about $200, if you do, get them, they're worth it.

Purchased At:   bestbuy

Submitted by JohnUTA a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am very happy with these speakers. I have been using them for a little over a month. I shopped around for some time trying to decide which speakers to buy. I visited many high-end stores and Best Buy as well. I really do not see any major difference between these speakers, and many of the expensive models available at the high-end stores.

I spent many days visiting various stores and listening to speakers for hours at a time. I was a little apprehensive purchasing these speakers, because at Best Buy you cannot listen to your own CDs, and have to use they’re set up. However I was happy with what I heard, and could not justify spending over $500 for a single speaker after hearing these. I seriously considered purchasing a pair of the 200XTs instead. But after listening to them for a while, it seems as though they before better at low frequencies, but the high end and midranges just seemed to mush together. The 100XTs while not performing as well with low frequencies, separate and do a wonderful job presenting the high end and midranges. As long as these speakers are coupled with a good subwoofer they can outperform any speaker in their price range, and compete with many high-end speakers. These speakers use nice aluminum drivers, which is rare on low prived speakers.

My entire set up consists of a Denon 2802 Receiver, 100XTs as my main speakers, Yamaha NS-6390 as my surrounds, a Yamaha NS-AC40X center channel, and a JBL PB-10 subwoofer. I am very happy with these main speakers; I have not attached the feet yet, and am not sure if I will. This set up is very powerful, and I am very happy with all of the products, however I do not have time right now to review them all on this site.

I nearly purchased a pair of Definitive mains, and surrounds, however did not see the advantage in spending over twice as much. The surrounds sounded considerably better, however cost $150 each, compared to $100 a pair for the Yamaha.

I would recommend these speakers to anyone. I don’t care how much money you have, unless you really like to blow your money and impress people with fancy brand names, there is no reason to pass up this deal. These speakers perform wonderfully at high volumes without distortion or hissing; like other low priced speakers will when really cranked up.

Go out and get yourself a pair today!

Purchased At:   Best Buy