Usher CP-6371 Floorstanding Speakers

• Crossover frequencies: 2.7Hz
  • Dimensions(wxdxh):35cmx65cmx127cm

Submitted by James Chang a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2016

Bottom Line:
Usher is a audio company located in Taiwan. So it just cost me USD1300 to buy a new CP-6371 in Taiwan. I have to say that this speaker is a hybrid of Thiel and Sonus Fabre. Usher learned from Thiel for Phase correction and Sonus Fabre's attractive outlook.Indeed, it is a hit in Taiwan, even those who seldom listen musics bought these speakers as decoration of living room.
I use DENON PMA S-1 to drive these speakers and work very well. Detailed performance make music alive with a bit brighter mid-range. It's about 50 Kg weight per unit. That makes the bass deep, powerful, and fast in response.

Submitted by Xrstopher a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2014

Bottom Line:
Picked these up used as I had the stand mount BE-718's with a slightly different midrange woofer, they sounded so good with a sub woofer I had to try the CP-6371. At first I wasn't impressed, then I re positioned them and everything came alive. The sound stage is great, the bass is accurate without flab, and the tweeters deliver the clarity I like without screeching at me. All in all, I'm very happy with them. I had the B&W 802 D's and I couldn't stand them, these I prefer and they are a fraction of the price! I have a nice powerful Audio Research Solid state amp running them, I recommend you drive them with something with punch, as they tend to be power hungry. Over all, they look amazing for the price, they sound amazing for the price, I love them and highly recommend them. I dialed my sub woofer down quite a bit and have found a full bodied sound I was missing from the stand mounts.

Product model year:   2008