Triangle Zéphir Floorstanding Speakers

Two ways Bass Reflex speaker

Submitted by Chang Hwan Shin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great speaker. It lacks the deep base, but it does not matter in my small room, anyway. Except that, the overall performance is first class. Sound stage, neutrality, speed, easy to drive(90db)...Works best in classical and jazz, but it can do rocks, too. you know what I mean now. Matched with Anam inte amp and Rega Planet CD player. I am considering in buying more expensive tube amp. Zephyr deserves that, it is that good!

Submitted by Yoav a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are terrific speakers. I have heard them several times, with different equipment, and the results were always great. They have great depth and create a surprisingly wide soundstage.

When I was at SoundWorld, a high-end store in Irvine, CA, I heard a system comprised of a Cary preamp, Cary mono poweramps, and JMLab Mezzo Utopia. The sound had great detail but the imaging was flat and lifeless. After I have asked the person working there to replace the JMLabs with the Triangles, the sound became so much better I could barely believe it.

The build quality is (as many times with French products) not very high, however for the price I know of no better sounding speakers.

Submitted by Pierre Dionne a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
They are good but not great.
Good points are exellent bass definition. Clear voices. Good stage.
Bad points are BAD high definition. Missing a little presence and
bad crossover point.

Please note that Ti tweets give me a headache whatever the brand.

I would suggest Studio 60's in that price range.

Submitted by Andre Miller a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
These column speakers feature 91 Db S/N ratio,golden push terminal links, 5 inches Triangle woofers, and titanium tweeters.I suggested these speakers to a friend building up his first stereo, he bought them on a sale in a Parisian Departement store for 2200 FF(350USD$).I listened them for a month at home on a basic stereo,Kenwood KA 57 amp & Sony CDP 70 with great satisfaction,they improved the sound of my old B&W DM 560 a lot, despite their smaller speaker cone size.They feature better & more precise soundstage, crisp detail specially on the highs, better & stronger bass.The new Zéphir model is ready for bi-amping.