Totem Acoustic Arro Floorstanding Speakers

4.57/5 (47 Reviews) MSRP : $1100.00

2 way floorstanding

Submitted by Shawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
A fantastic, very accurate , detailed and fast speaker . Vocals , clarity , speed , imaging and range further support my decision to invest in these speakers . Build quality that exceeds all at this price point ( 1550.00 CDN ) .

I have owned now for a couple weeks and break in i feel has come close to complete . They do indeed improve over time in the initial break in period , this being the 80-100 hours range .

These speakers play , perhaps sing , so well . I play a wide range of music through my hifi and the Arro's do wonders with it all . Im hearing some new detail . Bass is not heavy handed , a 4.5" driver is only capable of so much , but the lower frequencies are tight , controlled , and fast -- percussion comes alive and sounds live . Vocals are moving . Instrumental , orchestral , choral , electronic , accoustical acts play with almost spooky image and depth . My listening room feels and sounds like a whole new enviornment , and its perfect.

Bi-wired from a Moon I-1 integrated , and source cd player Moon I-1 cd , the Arro's are right at home i feel with a great synergy and power- clarity and cd player detail . The Arro's require a solid ability from the amplification side . Clean abundant power .

Highly recommended . Finish , musicality , imaging , detail and price point put the Arro's far ahead of speaker products that are perhaps double in price/budget.

Looking forward to many years of enjoyment .

Submitted by MrT a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have for quite a long time been searching for a fast and clean sounding small floorstander that has excellent separation, 3D and an extremely detailed high end. I listen to pop, indie, jazz and some cassical music. Bought and sold quite a few speakers in the same price range over the last years (Epos, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Elac, Canton, Carlsson, NHT, Acoustic Energy, Spendor, Dali - to name a few). None of them posessed all of the above characteristics (closest came Carlsson OA-58 and Dali Ikon 2 though), and I consequently always felt something was missing. I did't really have great expectations for the Arro's, but when I hooked them up to my Densen amp I immediately knew I struck gold. The sound is transparent and the separation/instrumentation is extreme. Low end is also impressive given the size. Powered by the right amp that needs to be pretty powerful (at least 70 wpc - 30 ampere) and not too bright sounding the Totem Arro is simply sublime sounding. I finally found the speakers I've been searching for. I strongly recommend Totem Arro!

Submitted by Shomi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
These were the speaker someone easy can fall in love with, happened to me, so i went, and i got them. First impression in my home, is these speakers rock, most is true what people like about them. What i didnt payed attention in reviews, is that they are bright. Didnt notice in first, didnt notice in store, but it started to be annoying. Someone here mentioned its about sibilants, if they are in record they will be there, its ok, i can hear sibilants in headphones too, just with arros, they sound HARSH.
So many reviews and nobody mentiones this brightnes in tone, how come? Do u not hear it or u like speakers that way?
Now, i just listened them for 2 days, so basicaly not even 10 hours of music, burnin time is 100-150 but i am afraid it will not soften high notes even then. What kind of improvement in sound happens after that time? Should i wait to see will it soften, or should i try with cables? I have NAD c350, will i must buy some warm amplifier like arcam or unico?
I have them biwired now, will try these days mono, with different options of connecting like they say in faq, just i think that wont help with brightness either.
I really love these speakers, but i must rate them with 3 cause of to much brightness in tone, if it improves in time, i will correct this mark, but i am afraid it will not happen.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by fresco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
This arro has a sweet, detailed and relaxing sound. It is so detail and revealing that certain sound that cannot be heard by big spekaers can be heard by arro. It is small and easy to move. That is why I like arro.

Listen to Norah Jones and Diana Krall music with arro and you will know why this tiny floorstander is amazing. I am driving it by jolida 202 using the zhuguang el34 tubes. The sound is very very clear and detailed when I used the zhuguang el34 but It is lack of bass though probably due to the jolida 202. But I think it will sound a lot better with the BAT vk-60 tube amp.

Purchased At:   local hi-end store

Submitted by ARTU9R a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
I BEEN ALWAYS A BIG FAN OF MUSIC I ALWAYS BEEN INTO AUDIOPHILE EQUIPMENT SINCE I AM PROUD CANADIAN(LIVING IN BEAUTIFUL QUEBEC) AND
I LOVE CANADIAN PRODUCTS AND REAL CANADIAN QUALITY
I HAD PARADIGM FOR LON LONG TOO LONG TIME I HAD MONITORS 9 STUDIO 40
ALWAYS MATCHED WITH ANTHEM STUFF ALSO BUT MY INTEREST WAS
POINTING TOWARDS MY NEIGHBORHOOD COMPANY FROM MONTREAL
TOTEM ACOUSTIC SO I STARTED LISTENING TOTEMS FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS
FIRST I ALWAYS LIKED TOTEM HAWK'S BUT THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO
LAST MONTH I WAS REALLY BUSY LISTENING AL POSSIBLE MODELS AVAILABLE AT MY FRINDLY BOUTIQUE ELECTRONIQUE
HAWK STAFF MODEL 1 FOREST MITE ALL OF THEM I PUT TO TEST AGAINST

MERLIN CHOPIN 0.6M INTERCONNECT
MERLIN BLACK WIDOW 2M X 2 AC POWER CORDS
TOTEM TRESS SPEAKER BIWIRE SELFMADE WITH MERLIN BANANA PLUGS
ACOUSTIC RESEARCH POWER BAR WITH AC CONDITIONER

ARRO NOW ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SOUNDING I FILLED THEM WITH SILICA SAND 12LBS EACH CABINET
BURN IN TIME PASSED NOW SO I CAN FREELY ENJOY ALL WHAT IS BEST IN MUSIC-WARMTH SUPERB DETAILED BASS WITH VERY SURPRISING LOW EXTENSION SUPER NATURAL 3D IMAGING(GUYS PLEASE TAKE TIME TO BIWIRE THESE BABIES) VERY SWEET HIGHS NATURAL SOUNDING INSTRUMENTS
I WAS LISTENING SOME OF MY CDS I WAS SURPRISE EACH TIME
SANTANA SUPERNATURAL JUST YELS FOR WORSHIP AND THAT GUITAR
IT ALMOST FELT LIKE CARLOS WAS PLAYING IN THE SAME ROOM
UFFF SOME KIND OF ORGASMIC FEEL
ANNA MARIA JOPEK AND HER ALBUM SECRET SOUNDED FROM OTHER PLANET
THAT GIRL HAS A VOICE OF ANGELS!!!
PINK FLOYDS LIVE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SWEET DETAILED PRECISE AND
ORIGINAL

AFTER 1 MONTH OF LISTENING I DARE TO SAY I FOUND MY SOUND
I FOUND MY SPEAKERS AND MY EQUIPMENT
I HATE TO SAY BUT ALWAYS TRY YOUR SPEAKERS AT HOME
WITH PROPER ELECTRONICS IF POSSIBLE
AND JUST TO BE FAIR ARRO SOUNDED MUCH BETTER THAN HAWKS AND FOREST HAD MORE MUSICALITY AND PERSONALITY
I HAD SIMILAR SOUND ON FOREST COMPARING THEM TO MY MONITOR'S 9 V.2
I LIKED HAWKS BUT AGAIN BASS WAS LURKIN EVERYWHERE I DID NOT SEE TRANSPARENCY AND IMAGING AS W/ARRO'S

CONCLUSION: DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE PRICE-MAKE WISE CHOICES
LISTEN TO WHAT YOU LIKE AND COMPARE ON SAME LEVEL
BUT OUR EARS DONT LIE-IF THEY DONT LIKE SOUND THEY WILL TELL YOU
AND HELP YOU WITH YOUR ACTION

Purchased At:   LE BOUTIQUE ELECTRON

Driving a Totem Arro

Hi, I picked up a pair of Totem Arro speakers and am looking to use them for mainly 2 channel but occasionally as a secondary home theatre set up. My question is; what the heck kind of amplifier would be good for pure musical enjoyment in 2 channel use? The speakers are rated at 80W in 4 ohms. E ... Read More »