Totem Acoustic Arro Floorstanding Speakers

4.58/5 (48 Reviews) MSRP : $1100.00

2 way floorstanding

Submitted by audiomaster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2017

Bottom Line:
I always wanted to have Totem Model 1, but the price was out of my budget, finally had the opp to buy them used at a reasonable price. I brought them home, plugged them in, and after an hour of listening, I felt they were highly fatigue sounding.

Something is wrong, I mean Model 1 is highly praised by so many, professional audio reviewers and customers, they can't be that bad.
So I took them to a Totem dealer, they plugged them in, sure enough when the music came on, and to my ears, that high fatigue factor remained, Model ones have great bass, and highs, but it's mid range was all congested, which lead to making it sound fatigue.

I then asked them to plugged in Totem Staff, the music thru Staff was superb, they were playing the Cars "Let the Good Times Roll" and it sounded like as if we were in a recording studio. Really enjoyed that, but at the same time I felt that they might not be suitable for long term listening for I felt there was just a bit of extra energy in their highs.

Then I asked for The Arrows, do not be fooled by their appearance, the music comes on and YES, yeah man, that is the kind of sound I am looking for, super super nice, and warm, Rick Ocasek sounded as if they plugged in a better microphone for him, cause now his voice sounded very natural and direct.

The Arrows are perfect for long term listening, do not cause listening fatigue at all. And they are not fussy about where you place them.
I could not be happier, highly recommended.

Submitted by Shawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
A fantastic, very accurate , detailed and fast speaker . Vocals , clarity , speed , imaging and range further support my decision to invest in these speakers . Build quality that exceeds all at this price point ( 1550.00 CDN ) .

I have owned now for a couple weeks and break in i feel has come close to complete . They do indeed improve over time in the initial break in period , this being the 80-100 hours range .

These speakers play , perhaps sing , so well . I play a wide range of music through my hifi and the Arro's do wonders with it all . Im hearing some new detail . Bass is not heavy handed , a 4.5" driver is only capable of so much , but the lower frequencies are tight , controlled , and fast -- percussion comes alive and sounds live . Vocals are moving . Instrumental , orchestral , choral , electronic , accoustical acts play with almost spooky image and depth . My listening room feels and sounds like a whole new enviornment , and its perfect.

Bi-wired from a Moon I-1 integrated , and source cd player Moon I-1 cd , the Arro's are right at home i feel with a great synergy and power- clarity and cd player detail . The Arro's require a solid ability from the amplification side . Clean abundant power .

Highly recommended . Finish , musicality , imaging , detail and price point put the Arro's far ahead of speaker products that are perhaps double in price/budget.

Looking forward to many years of enjoyment .

Submitted by MrT a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have for quite a long time been searching for a fast and clean sounding small floorstander that has excellent separation, 3D and an extremely detailed high end. I listen to pop, indie, jazz and some cassical music. Bought and sold quite a few speakers in the same price range over the last years (Epos, Paradigm, Monitor Audio, Elac, Canton, Carlsson, NHT, Acoustic Energy, Spendor, Dali - to name a few). None of them posessed all of the above characteristics (closest came Carlsson OA-58 and Dali Ikon 2 though), and I consequently always felt something was missing. I did't really have great expectations for the Arro's, but when I hooked them up to my Densen amp I immediately knew I struck gold. The sound is transparent and the separation/instrumentation is extreme. Low end is also impressive given the size. Powered by the right amp that needs to be pretty powerful (at least 70 wpc - 30 ampere) and not too bright sounding the Totem Arro is simply sublime sounding. I finally found the speakers I've been searching for. I strongly recommend Totem Arro!

Submitted by Shomi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2009

Bottom Line:
These were the speaker someone easy can fall in love with, happened to me, so i went, and i got them. First impression in my home, is these speakers rock, most is true what people like about them. What i didnt payed attention in reviews, is that they are bright. Didnt notice in first, didnt notice in store, but it started to be annoying. Someone here mentioned its about sibilants, if they are in record they will be there, its ok, i can hear sibilants in headphones too, just with arros, they sound HARSH.
So many reviews and nobody mentiones this brightnes in tone, how come? Do u not hear it or u like speakers that way?
Now, i just listened them for 2 days, so basicaly not even 10 hours of music, burnin time is 100-150 but i am afraid it will not soften high notes even then. What kind of improvement in sound happens after that time? Should i wait to see will it soften, or should i try with cables? I have NAD c350, will i must buy some warm amplifier like arcam or unico?
I have them biwired now, will try these days mono, with different options of connecting like they say in faq, just i think that wont help with brightness either.
I really love these speakers, but i must rate them with 3 cause of to much brightness in tone, if it improves in time, i will correct this mark, but i am afraid it will not happen.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by fresco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
This arro has a sweet, detailed and relaxing sound. It is so detail and revealing that certain sound that cannot be heard by big spekaers can be heard by arro. It is small and easy to move. That is why I like arro.

Listen to Norah Jones and Diana Krall music with arro and you will know why this tiny floorstander is amazing. I am driving it by jolida 202 using the zhuguang el34 tubes. The sound is very very clear and detailed when I used the zhuguang el34 but It is lack of bass though probably due to the jolida 202. But I think it will sound a lot better with the BAT vk-60 tube amp.

Purchased At:   local hi-end store