Thiel CS6 Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (29 Reviews) MSRP : $7900.00

Submitted by leo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Bottom Line:
hi everyone

as a fan of thiel , i just have a chance to pick a pair of cs6 , i owned 2.3i n 2.2 before . for my own experiences , 2.2 have more forgiving n thicker mid than 2.3i,but 2.2 lack of speed n punch , for the cs6 , i will describe as an upgraded 2.3i high note ,much stable and more round high note and a similar as 2.2 's mid with bit more transparent and warm , and of course the bass was stronger than both .

one thing i want to mention , if your pre amp and power amp was good enough , the dynamic of thiel was just crazy , all the punch and micro dynamic was there (the push and stop act was very super obvious, especially if u are using for ht ),even now i can't find a speaker that i heard in the market can impressed me in this way as i hoped because thiel 's company was dying . i did try replaced with some thing else but i can tell u at this time 2017 still "no"

i guess there's no doubt to buy a pair at the price now .

have fun with legacy product

Submitted by Arthur K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
Having been a devoted KEF fan, for a number of years, it would take a hell of of a speaker to make me part with my trusted Reference 3.2.

That is exactly what happened then, after I had an audition of the CS6..

I made the decission on the spot and it wasn't a hard one to make.

If I could use just one word to justify my decision, that would be accuracy.
The CS6 is one of the most accurate / neutral speakers that I have listened to for as long as I have been interested in audio, and that is a very long time indeed.

It will tell the story as it is, exactly 'warts and all', so don't expect any cover up of poorly recorded material. With good recordings though, it will reward you with such realism and scale that even many much more expemsive speakers, fail to deliver.

As someone else mentioned before me, they require massive quality amplification to give their best, the more power the better. In my case, two Bryston monoblocs at 500 w per side do the job just fine!

To sumise then, if accuracy, scale, dynamic contrast and a huge and deep soundstage is what you value, make sure you listen to these babies (...yeah, ..well, at almost 80 kg each..)

For me, these ARE for keeps.

Submitted by Alan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2012

Bottom Line:
A little about myself I've worked in the Music Biz since 1974. And when evaluating any speaker, I'm going to listen to songs I've worked on. It's true the size of the room,equipment used & cables are all a big part of any true testing. But to any audiophile is to capture on a well recorded record or cd,is to be able to hear the musicans & vocalist right in your presence. And when you do close your eyes,they're right in front of you.The Thiel CS6 have that magic that brings you that close to the music. I must warn you that many recordings that are real bad recordings will sound bright or muddy.When Mr.Thiel designed the CS6'S, he wanted a Reference Speaker that would convey the differences to the end users. A few speakers I've owned and enjoyed using, where the Aerial's, Vandersteen, Egglestons & now Thiel's CS6's.

Submitted by BryantH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
First, I want to thank all of the fellow Audio Enthusiast who contribute to this forum. With your input, I was able to make some wise choices while assembling my system.

For the most part, you can understand a products weakness and strenghts from people who actually own the gear and get some insight from people who casually listened to the gear. I purchased my Thiel 6s new in December 2001 after owning a pair of Thiel 3.6's for 4 years and at first I though the Thiel 6's were only marginally better, but after a long break in period, all of that changed. These are very, and I do mean very accurate speakers, bass accurate, treble accurate, mid accurate (not the very very best mids I've heard, but accurate). I totally disagree with the previous review stating that these speakers have no bass. But I will agree that they do need more power than the average speaker to become the dymamic accurate, detailed, etc... vessels that they are. I'm powering mine with a Pass Labs X350 and I'm in love, my wife is in love, my friends are in love and everyone who's come by my house feel in love. My front end is a Sony SCD-1 that was Rich Kern's (Audiomod) personal Sony and it has every possible upgrade to it. I sit and listen for hours, mainly Jazz, Classical, blues and can't pull myself away.

Please, if your interested in these speakers, make sure the room, applification, front end and even cabling is good / very good. You will be "Amazed" along with Mrs "Grace".

This is my first review after reading everyone elses for last 4 years. I just had to comment after seeing the last review giving the Thiel 6's a 1 rating. Note, I'm a owner of this product and by no means well off financially. I paid the full price with my trade-in of my Thiel 3.6s and have not looked back.

These speakers just plain inspire me.

To all, enjoy the music............

Purchased At:   Ensemble NH

Submitted by oogie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had the Thiels now for 8 months and have made changes to the room, amp & speaker wire. after getting everything where it should be the Thiels are everything they say they are. the Thiel CS6's are also a work of art. I'm currently driving them with the Macintosh MC352. The newest version in 350 watt per chanel. speaker wire is Audioquest copper.

Purchased At:   Superior sound