System Audio 2070 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $3500.00

Floorstanding 2-way frequency response ( /- 1.5db)40-25k

Submitted by Jonas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are wonderfull speakers, and the sound is so clear and precise that i have not heard anything like it. However if you ever listen to popular music (rock, pop and dance), these are not the speakers to buy. The bass simply cannot move enough air to make the low frequencies sound really good.

An excellent alternative is the Audiovector M3, which does a much better job in the low frequency area.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by gone fishin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had my 2070's for a while now and must admit I still like'm. The thing I like most about the speakers is the MUSIC. That's right the music, you just seem lose yourself when listening to these speakers. Guess I better be a little more descriptive than this, so...The midrange is superb (when BB King sings the blues you actually hear the throatiness in his voice, which I did not hear as well on any of the other speakers in this price range)
treble is realistic...when listening you can distinguish between what cymbals are used in the music
Bass...it don't go real low but it is TIGHT accurate bass. down to 40Hz.

These speakers are rated 40Hz-25kHz +/- 1.5db
you won't find any sound underdone or overdone.
just flat out good music coming from your system.

I give this speaker a rating of 5(I do think there is always room for improvement but)because I looked long, long, comparing speakers and these were the ones I found to have the best sound!

enjoy the music