Swan 6.2F Floorstanding Speakers

• Tweeter: One 28mm
  • Power Handling: 10w - 200w

Submitted by kevin741 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
I would like to say the 6.2 at this price is untouchable by any speaker out there in this and sub 4000 dollar range. sound-stage is huge mids are clean bass is tight and highs crystal clear my ears have A hard time believing these are soft domes and not aluminum. As I listen too all sorts of music Mindi Abair on sax, Hendrix playing machine gun,Clapton and Robert Johnson,and my favorite Tom Waits with home made instruments and unusual sounds. Get ready to sit back and enjoy your music. No fatiguing rifle shot highs like the def tech bp10b's they have replaced.
I would like to rate this between to points of reference one being the worst speaker i have ever heard Boston vr3 sounded like it was wrapped in shrink wrap. Price was very similar to the 6.2 but way off. Infract i had to listen to this at 3 different stores because i thought they were broken but they were not. This is my personal preference some of you may really like the vr3 and there's a good chance the ones that do are tone deaf. All kidding aside I use Boston reciever and love it they make some great products. number 2 is the best speaker i have ever listened to KEF REF 207 16,000 for the pair it was a divorce waiting to happen but i then came to my senses. These speakers were made by the gods for a lack of a better word perfect. and at 16,000 they had better be we are in Wilson audio territory here. The vr3 would be a 1 the ref 207 a 10 i can truly say with out pulling any punches the diva 6.2 is a solid 7 because if you were trying for 8 or 9 we are now talking 5000,to 10000 dollars and they are out there some sonus fabers, McIntosh but if I had an extra 8000 for speakers lying around i wouldn't have the drive to search the Internet. I would go out and get raped at my local high end shop.
I also enjoy head phones i own the Grado 325i great set of cans. One of the professional reviewers said someone would have to go out and pay in excess of 3000 for towers to equal the sounds of these head phones I can truly say that reviewer never had the chance of auditioning 1299.00 pair of swan diva 6.2's I am sure I will have these for many years to come or until swan develops and affordable kef ref 207 killer only time will tell. I think everyone should check out the swan line these are grat sounding awesome looking and well built speakers you will enjoy for many years.

Purchased At:   the audio insider

Submitted by KEVIN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
I would like to rate this between to points of reference one being the worst speaker i have ever heard Boston vr3 sounded like it was wrapped in shrink wrap. Price was very similar to the 6.2 but way off. Infract i had to listen to this at 3 different stores because i thought they were broken but they were not. This is my personal preference some of you may really like the vr3 and there's a good chance the ones that do are tone deaf. All kidding aside I use Boston reciever and love it they make some great products. number 2 is the best speaker i have ever listened to KEF REF 207 16,000 for the pair it was a divorce waiting to happen but i then came to my senses. These speakers were made by the gods for a lack of a better word perfect. and at 16,000 they had better be we are in Wilson audio territory here. The vr3 would be a 1 the ref 207 a 10 i can truly say with out pulling any punches the diva 6.2 is a solid 7 because if you were trying for 8 or 9 we are now talking 5000,to 10000 dollars and they are out there some sonus fabers, McIntosh but if I had an extra 8000 for speakers lying around i wouldn't have the drive to search the Internet. I would go out and get rapped at my local high end shop.
I also enjoy head phones i own the Grado 325i great set of cans. One of the professional reviewers said someone would have to go out and pay in excess of 3000 for towers to equal the sounds of these head phones I can truly say that reviewer never had the luck of auditioning 1299.00 pair of swan diva 6.2's I am sure I will have these for many years to come.

Purchased At:   theaudioinsider.com