Swan 6.1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $1749.00

The legendary Swans 6.1 is rated about as high as anything in its class. The Swan 6.1 is perhaps the most popular and exciting full-sized speaker models ever offered through direct channels.

System Description : 4th-order 3-way vented-box system Frequency Response : 35Hz-20kHz Sensitivity (2.83V, 1m) : 90dB Nominal impedance : 8O Power Handling : 10-200W Dimensions : 300x388x1083 mm Net Weight : 32.7kg DRIVER UNITS Tweeter : TN28 Cabinet Finish : Rosewood Piano Black Lacquer Midrange : 6"(F6N) Woofer : 2x8"(M8N)

Submitted by William a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2016

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Swan Diva 6.1 for $700 from a poor fellow going through rough times. After having demoed many speakers from my local (Amazing!) Audiophile shop here in Portland, Echo Audio and having owned several speakers from Klipsch La Scalas with Bob Crite mods, KEF LS50s, Magnepan 1.7s, and others near this range -I can say that these speakers are an incredible deal at twice what I paid for them.

The bass can be tubby and the highs can be shrill if your equipment is lacking in that regard. The greatest improvement for these speakers came from (believe it or not) from the upgrade of Morrow Audio MA 1.1 interconnects and a Pangea AC9 power cord. Running these from my lovely Silk Audio MC 100B in Triode with Gold Lion KT88s.

I know it sounds crazy that interconnects and power cord made such a difference to some but I also tried many different speaker cables in AB tests. After many analysis retention hours spent trying to achieve the sound I was looking for, I instantly found it after mixing in the Morrow Audio interconnects (buy the Morrow Audio MA 1.1 btw. They are so good)

These speakers are articulate, detailed, and mostly a very fun speaker. Toe tapable goodness. They rip without ripping out your ears but you need to feed them right. After playing with feed, these speakers have brought me to Audio Nirvana. Now I'll just be listening and almost always with a grin.

Submitted by Mustermark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I took receipt of my Swan Diva 6.1s a few days ago. I had been nervous about ordering $1000 speakers on the internet without actually hearing them. I have to say the reviews I based my purchase on were correct - these speakers are very, very good. My thanks to those who have posted here before me for the sound advice (pun intended).

The Diva 6.1s are better than almost all of what I auditioned in the stores. I think the only speakers that were better were the Martin Logan Vantage speakers (which were $5000 electrostatics with a built-in subwoofer amp).

The definition and clarity of the Diva 6.1s is superb. The bass is really very good on my Breakbeat Bass (e.g. The Breakfastaz), they really kick out the deep electronic sounds and not a hint of being muddy or blurred. Adagio for Strings (Barber / Eugene Ormandy) came to life wonderfully. The midrange and highs are so clear and crisp, and the bass is so well proportioned. I think I'm hearing music how it was meant to sound! Corny, but that's how this sounds right now.

I heard ML Vistas and was disappointed (compared to the $5000 Vantages) and I didn’t think the Vistas were worth the cost. I think $3000 Viennas were the next best after the Vantages that I heard in the stores, in terms of clarity, but the bass was a bit weak. I heard some other speakers that had loud but muddy bass and no high end clarity. In the end I would have gone for a pair of B&Ws at about $1500 which had good bass but less clarity.

Having read so many reviews of the Swans, I figured at $999 for the pair (+ $99 shipping) they could be a big disappointment but not a huge disaster. Fortunately, I am very impressed and I think they are better than all but the Vantages. If I'm honest I'd be hard pushed to really appreciate the difference with the Vantages (in the room I have) and I certainly appreciate the bank balance.

The speakers arrived from Oz Home Theater after a week or so (tracked by FedEx) and the outer boxes were a bit bashed, but the inner box was intact and the speakers very securely padded. They are big heavy speakers and I love the look of the 6.1s with the cool colored speaker cones with the front grill off.

I don't often feel compelled to write this kind of thing, but I am very impressed and very pleased with my purchase and thought it was worth sharing since you can't easily audition these speakers.

Submitted by Keithfromcanada a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've owned the 6.1's for a little over 3 months and I continue to be floored. They replaced my old PSB 800's and are a significant upgrade. I was originally demoing Paradigm Studio 60's, and a pair of Canton's with a built in sub but found that both were missing something. Paradigm gave a great soundfield but lacked the really present yet tight bass of the Canton's. The Canton's were too directional and didn't offer the wide soundstage that i was looking for. The Diva's managed to do both. They offer a great soundfield where musical instruments get the separation that they need; great mids and highs; and the bass is spot-on, deep and tight. I absolutely LOVE listening to music with these speakers!

I mated them with the C3 center channel and they do a very good job with HT and virtually eliminate the need for a sub. Clear, accurate and powerful is how I would describe the front soundstage in HT.

I am very pleased that I took the leap of faith to order these speakers.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Michael Raes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
Bought a pair around last Chrismas. At first listening I thought ' crap', but they needed a few days to break in and now I am really satisfied.
Detailed, open, good bass. I'm sure these can compete to a major bunch of higher priced models and even blow away some of them.
For a few years my set-up was with a pair of Audiostatics Es-100 in front, B&W center and Norh at the back.
The ideal was to use my Denon avc-11sr solely as a 7.1 system with the Swans and the audiostatics with a pair of Shanlings monoblocks and Shanling tube-sacd.
However hearing the Swans on the Shanling system makes me thinking of selling the audiostatics all the way.
Normally nothing can compete in clarity and open sound to the audiostatics, but they need space.
These swans are the best buy to date.
Previous used : Pioneers, JBL L40, Audiostatic ES-100, Norh 6.0

Purchased At:   nyk sound

Submitted by Dseanm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
The review is for Swan Diva 6.1 Full range, tower speakers. Colombo-Sri Lanka, California-USA.
Excellent performer for the price paid, I actually paid a little over 2K including tax when they first came out. Prices dropped Bummer! But I have no regrets, they are worth every penny. I have a owned many speaker brands I dont wanna mention, many 6 times the price of the Diva 6.1's and with very minor differences, even the most crucial listener would be able to live with. Compared to those prices Vs the sound quality Swan Diva 6.1's really shine. There is a catch the 5.1 speaker system is not aligned. If the 5.1 is set up, you hear the towers outstand all the other speakers. I only used it for Audio purpose and I am very happy with them. Unlike most expensive audiophile speakers they dont consume power. 120 watts per Channel is good 200 watts per channel is plenty. They are 8 Ohms speakers.
The Swans are very sensitive to components they show the difference very fast and clear. If you run a system with good Components and cables no worries. The First thing you will notice in these speakers are the "FIDELITY" all other speakers will sound like they are under a Blanket. Very natural sound, extremely detailed, revealing, 3D imaging is breath taking, Mids are very emotional, strings and vocals are as real as its ever gonna get (approved by over 20 listners), superb low end bass, upper bass can be better, but its perfect for me. I am not a bass head. It has a very strong mids, apart from the bass you can actually feel the tingle from the mids. It could be be a 3D effect but if you close your eyes, strings and vocals get right in your face at exact stage points. You can feel the space between the main singer and the co-singers. There is an absorbsion like feeling between notes, I know its mainly because of my system but none of my other speakers gave me this experience so its obvious the speakers play an important roll. I heard so much detail in vastness in vocals and the low end bass that I never thought existed. For every system it is very important you have good set of components, cables, good room to match the accoustics and placement. Before investing money learn what real Audiophiling is all about, some people abuse a good hobby. Everyone have thier own taste in sound. I prefer warm neutral sound. When you compare this speaker its not the money factor you should be concerned about if there is a better speaker at the price. I have tried Ribbons, eletrostats, large heavy speakers top name brands, not that they were bad but when I heard the Swan's I felt like why did I not find them earlier, overall value is much better on these. There may be better speakers but to my system and settings the Swan Diva 6.1's are a great set of speakers.

Purchased At:   Online