SoundLab DynaStat
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency response: 27 Hz to ultrasonics</li> <li>Panel radiating area: 176 square inches</li> <li>Crossover frequency: 250 Hz</li> <li>Horizontal dispersion: 90 degrees (full spectrum)</li> <li>Impedance (nominal): 8 ohms</li> </ul>

Submitted by Warren a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2011

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Dynastat pair in black from ebay for 840.00 They are in mint condition and shipped in four boxes. They are easy to place, and aim toward the listener. I ended up using polyfill for the woofer cabinet due to some midbass resonance. I changed amplifiers and it went away, so my guess is that these speakers respond heavily to equipment change. I am startled from time to time when I hear voices/ deep soundstage sounds. This speaker set is plain awesome and I don't worry about my ears getting fatigued. The bass is really deep and poweful, the mids are fast, natural, super wide, and the highs can tingle the spine with classical. I listen to bass/drum, jazz, classical and soul. The speakers are fast and don't take much to drive them at insane levels. The only drawback is for those people who don't believe in using grade A interconnects, passive pre-amps, xlr cables, and insulated power wires. I did all this by using good old ebay and it cleaned my system up, and the speakers sound insanely better. I didn't think it was possible to get more out of them, but the sound floor is quiet and sudden changes in the music intensity is easily sensed! I love these speakers!

Submitted by 300ZX_twinturbo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
I've owned quite a few panel speakers to date including other electrostatics, and by a wide margin these are the best to date. Mine have the updated panels as well as beefed up woofer cabinets.

The dispersion and clarity of these far exceeded my expectations. These are easy to place unlike a lot of panels, and throw a wide and deep soundstage.

Also, these seem easy to drive with a few amps I've tried, and are versatile with the adjustments on the rear which few others have.

I'd highly recommend anyone looking for a panel speaker to give these a listen before buying.