Sonus Faber Stradivari Floorstanding Speakers

• Sensitivity: 92dB, 1W/1m
  • Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Power Handling: Minimum amplifier 30W
  • Frequency Response: 22Hz - 40kHz
  • Dimensions: 650 x 500 x 1360mm (WDH) 25.6 x 19.7 x 53.5 in. (WDH)

Submitted by Nils-Jorgen Kjaernet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
After change to Stradivari from Amati Anniversario I discovered a bigger difference than I thought.
Amati sound very very good but Stradivari is the ultimate. The whole soundstage was bigger, clearer and more defined, but not analytical. Those speakers gives you everything the signal source can offer. Articulation in the bass tones are almost perfect and you feel the energy of the instruments on the body as in the reel life.
They like good and powerful amplifiers so buy the best you can for best result. I have heard many other high end speakers but not any with a such musicality combined with a so clarity and definition. Buy them if you can. I think you can stop the hunt of speakers with the purchase of these Stradivari if that is a goal.
The incredible beautiful Italian design is completely irresistible and almost all other speakers look ugly in comparison, but that is also a matter of tast.
The price is high but you win in the long term, you don't need to change speaker constantly and lose lots of money.

Submitted by Gammelhagger a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Never before have I heared or owned a set of speakers that nails me to the sofa for hours on end like the Strads does...... They play music in a very seductive way, from buttom to top thay are very coherant and the drivers blend seemlessly. I have owned Wilson WP6, Martin Logan Summit and Prodigy, ProAc Responce 4, ans many others in the past, but never anything so coherant as thease. The WP`s are faster and offers better pin point imaging, but they don`t convey music to my oppinion. I got tiered of listening to them quite fast, and that´s a shame in my oppinion. So far I am able to sit in front of the Strads for many hours in a row... nice!!! The tonality seems quite neutral to me, mabey a little on the warm side. Or mabey I only say this because I was used to listen to the WP 6´s up to getting the Sonus fabers. And if design matters and you like Italian furnitures, the Strads will blow you away, they have looks to die for.
They are big, but it does not matter to me ( ot I might even prefer it ), but you hear that they are big as well. The sounstage is huge, eapecially in the hight. The also convey a deep image, but not as 3D as others. They sound very solid, and teh bass..... nam nam, deep, tight, precise and acurate.. Just to my liking.
They might sound best in larger venues, but in my relativly small listening room, they integrate far better than any of the other highend speakers I have had. So th summ it all up..... buy them if you can !

Associated gear:
Audio Research Reference CD 7
Audio Research REF 3 preamp.
Pass Labs XA 100.5 mono amps.
Clear Audio Champion Level II Reference with SME V arm and Benz Ruby pickup.
Cables from Transparent and Audio Note.

Submitted by Enrico69 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2009

Bottom Line:
Sonus Faber, sometimes, make great masterpieces. These materpieces have got a very musical spirit: they seems they are made like musical tools and not the absolutly-scientific-perfect reproduction in mind, but a new way to reproduce music. This choice is made with such an elegance that they seem like a genious's opera.
I have listened them in a big room with top of the top McIntosh equipment (I dislike McIntosh).
The genious opera this time was on the soundstage; not the deepest, but on orizzontal and in vertical astonishing: every single instrument, voice was unbeliveble focused
I think the secret is the shape of the forniture: designer know a lot about music and the way to reproduce it so, this time, choosed to change the shape of the forniture to give such an elegant miracle.
There are some weekness: drivers used are not the top of the top. For example, tweeter , I think, is not at a level of an esotar used in old Extrema, for example: for such a so expensive masterpiece I think it is quite criminal...
Others parameters like frequency response, phase between drivers, details, are at the top.
My favourite speakers, for performance, remain quad 2905 (reliebility apart...) .
However ,talking about dynamic loudspeakers cost no object, surely at the top of the top; I think when you talk about top of the top of B&W ,Wilson Audio, and Sonus Faber (When rightly drived!!!) it's only a matter of taste: the choose of Sonus Faber is for an new way to see music.

Product model year:   2008