Silverline Audio Technology Panatella II
Description: 2 1/2-way dynamic loudspeaker Dimension: 38" H x 8" W x 16" D Weight: 55 lbs. each Frequency response: 32 Hz - 22 kHz +/- 3 dB Sensitivity: 92 dB

Submitted by Mckenzie_lake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased these speakers without even listening to them. I was intrigued by the previous reviews and found this pair on sale in Ottawa via the internet. They were sent to paul Schumann
of soundstage magazine to review two years ago. His review was extremely good as well. So I took a chance. This is the best chance I have ever taken. I am extremely impressed with these speakers. The highs are clear, accurate and not overstated. The mid are crisp and the lows are fast and solid. The overall presence is great. I listen mainly to folk, roots blues, female vocals and the vocals are absolutely fabulous.

Purchased At:   Audioshop in Ottawa,

Submitted by Bumpin_on_Sunset a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I usually don't rush to write a review for new products, especially since these loudspeakers have yet to surpass their prescribed "break in" period, but why defer accolades when they are clearly due? The Panatella MK IIs are phenomenal in every respect, doing just about everything well, all in an eye catching rosewood box that accentuates any environs. I am particularly impresed with the soundstage of these speakers. One need not be confined to a particular "sweet spot" in order to appreciate the Panatella's warmth. I am using a Rotel amp at the moment, but I'm anxious to feel these speakers accentuated by tubes (as is widely suggested). The tubes would be a luxury, however, and not essential to my overall appreciation here. Sade, Herb Alpert, Fourplay and Grover Washington have never sounded so sweet.

Purchased At:   Audio Chamber (Berke

Submitted by glenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
These thins are unbelievable!!! They are very easy to listen to wtih jazz and blues. The top end is very smooth and the bottom end is full enough for me with out a sub. The highs are not etched and the mids are wonderful. I can listen to these for hours. I got these on a lark to replace Soliloquy 5.3's, which are good in their own right. These are much more dynamic, open, and full sounding. I'll be keeping these for a long time. Althoug they are said to bre tube friendly, I use a solid state amp(Odyssey Stratos, 150wpc) with a tube preamp(ARC SP 9MkIII)and it's wonderful. Get a pair of these if you get a chance, I don't think you'll be dissapointed for the money. These babies are a sleeper.

Purchased At:   Audio Visionary

Submitted by Lou a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I took a chance on a used pair. And it's the best chance I ever took. These 2000.00 list speakers. For the price I payed a just great. Smooth clear highs. Great bass for small floor speakers. Veneers are great looking. But they don't match. Not a big deal for 850.00 .Might bother you if you payed 2000.00.I can't see ever upgrading them. They are that good. Bass if fantastic in my medium sized romm. 15x12. 9 ft. ceilings.If you see one used don't think! just grab it! My system is: Anthem-Pre1 w/ phono stage. Muse Model 100 amp. and Ah! 4000 CD player.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I"ve had these panatellas for nearly a year now and have been upgrading my system around them.These have a lovely neutral sound with excellent definition.I play a mixture of classical,classic rock and jazz/new world music.After having spent 6 months auditioning i went with the silverlines due to their superb all around sound.They are a step above the psb/paradigm sound and have better base extension than the totems.I"m driving them with a nad c340 and a rotel 971 cd player.
These are wonderful speakers and i"m somewhat suprised that this is only the third review posted for them.Give them a try and,you won"t regret it.You can find these speakers selling for under 1k used on audiogon or audioweb.There"s also a review on ecoustics.com.
Happy listening!